Chapter 24: Onslaught of Octolings!

Once Kirby arrived inside the Octolings' Kettle, he once again saw a well known Turf War Stage.

Kirby: Geez... Why is the scent of the air so strong?

Kirby took in the strong smell a second time, and easily learned where he was sent by the Kettle.

Kirby: Hm... I'm sensing a strong mix of oil and... sea salt? Oh wait, this must be Saltspray Rig! Well, no time to enjoy the layout of the Stage. I have a Zapfish I need to rescue.

Kirby began walking through Saltspray Rig in an attempt to find the Zapfish. However, upon being attacked by the Octolings, he realized that all the Octolings he was fighting were Elite Octolings.

Kirby: Wait... they're all Elite Octolings?! I better keep my guard up then. They could pop up from anywhere!

Kirby inked the ground ahead of him, making sure to be cautious in case any Octolings were nearby.

Kirby: I just have to be careful... and I'll make it through just fine...

As Kirby inked the ground ahead of him, he was attacked by the Octolings more frequently. He expected them to attack frequently, but not THIS frequently...

Kirby: Wow. These Octoling attacks are a lot more frequent. I wonder why? Either way, I can't let them beat me. I need that Zapfish!

Eventually, Kirby made his way to the final checkpoint and prepared to face the last few Octolings in the squadron.

Kirby: When all else fails, remember the five steps. Shoot, Run, Hide, Jump, & Repeat.

When Kirby approached the Enemy Spawn Point, he realized that there was no message telling the Octolings to capture him.

Kirby: Wait a minute... why was there no message about me needing to be captured on the intercom?

Just as Kirby finished asking his question, a group of Octolings began to circle around Kirby.

Kirby: I guess they must've planned ahead. Well, there's only one thing to do now.

Kirby quickly pulled out an Archer's hat, as well as a bow & a bag of arrows. Before firing, he quickly dipped the point of each arrow into his ink. Then, once all of the arrows were coated in ink, Kirby took aim at the Octolings around him.

Kirby: Anyone up for a little bit of target practice?

Before the Octolings could answer, Kirby started shooting left and right, splatting the Octolings in the way of his rapid fire. Once the entire squadron was defeated, Kirby took off his Archer hat and dropped his equipment. Then, he walked toward the Zapfish.

Kirby: Now to grab my prize, and go rescue my friends!

Once Kirby grabbed the Zapfish, he began to walk away. But just before he left, a blast of ink went right past him.

Kirby: What the?!

When Kirby turned around to see who shot at him, he could recognize her from her clothes. She was wearing a black jacket and had spiky bracelets on her arms. She also had the same seaweed that the Elite Octolings used.

Elite Octoling: Remember me, Kirby?

Kirby: You... You're the Elite Octoling whose been ordering those squadrons to capture me!

The Elite Octoling just smiled at him, causing Kirby's anger to rise.

Kirby: No more running away! I want answers, and you're gonna give them to me!

Strangely enough, the Elite Octoling was happy to comply with Kirby's demand.

Elite Octoling: Alright then. If you really want answers, I'll give them to you. But on one condition.

At first, Kirby wasn't sure he could trust her. But he was willing to follow her request if it meant he would have answers to his questions.

Kirby: Okay, fine. What do you want?

Elite Octoling: Just to return to Octo Valley. It'll be easier to answer your questions if no one sees us.

Kirby: Fine by me. But I've got my eye on you. One wrong move, and I WILL splat you!

With that, Kirby and the Elite Octoling headed back to Octo Valley.