Chapter 6: The Mighty Octostomp

Soon enough, Agents Orange, Blue & Pink returned to Octo Valley with two more Zapfish.

Kate: That's all three Kettles we could find here.

Mikey: Those missions were pretty easy.

Kirby: Hey guys, the big Kettle is open!

The three Agents then rushed over to the Boss Kettle and went in. Once inside, they were faced with a launchpad, leading to a ring in the distance.

Kirby: Guys look! There's a Zapfish.

The Zapfish was floating over a large cube, but when the Agents went to grab it, a tentacle sprouted from a hole in the cube and grabbed the Zapfish.

Kirby: What the?!

The cube then leaped up, revealing a large face and two small legs at the cube's bottom. The cube let out a roar, shaking the ring around itself.

Cap'n Cuttlefish: It's the Mighty Octostomp! Be careful in there, Agents!

The Octostomp then began to charge at the three Agents.

Kirby: Look out!

Kate, Kirby & Mikey dodged to side of the Octostomp, so as not to get squished. After impacting with the ground, the Octostomp attempted to pull itself up. While it was vulnerable, the Agents began to ink its sides to reach the now exposed tentacle.

Kate: That tentacle that grabbed the Zapfish must be a weak point.

Mikey: So if we destroy it...

Kirby: We'll get back the Zapfish! Good idea guys!

They worked together to burst the tentacle, then Super Jumped away. Afterwards, the Octostomp got up and broke off some of the panels on its body. Beneath the panels' surface, flowed dangerous electrical currents.

Then the Octostomp let out another roar, clearing the ground of any ink.

Kirby: He's got fewer surfaces to climb on now.

Kate: That just means we need to ink him a different way.

Mikey: Right!

The Octostomp began to run towards Kirby, prepping itself to jump on him. As the Octostomp roared, Kirby moved to the side, but to his surprise, the Octostomp changed the direction it jumped and nearly squished him.

Kirby: Whoa!

Fortunately, Kirby managed to dodge to the side again at the last second. The Agents then inked the sides of the Octostomp, bursted the tentacle and Super Jumped away again. Again the Octostomp got up, and broke off more panels in its body. But this time, the panels began to move. Once again, the Octostomp let out an ink clearing roar.

Mikey: Guessing this guy follows the "three strikes, you're out" rule.

Kate: There's even fewer panels to move on now. And they're moving now!

Kirby: Then let's move, and bring this down!

The Octostomp once again went after Kirby, but this time he was ready. He dodged to the side, then again when the Octostomp changed direction.

Kirby: Not this time, sucker!

The Agents then inked their way up the Octostomp, splatted the tentacle, and Super Jumped away one final time.

Kate: That takes care of him.

The Octostomp's legs then began to spiral out of control, until finally the Octostomp exploded in a blast of Orange ink. After the explosion subsided, the Zapfish's case came into view.

Kate: I'll get the Zapfish.

Kate walked over to the Zapfish's case and burst it open. Then she grabbed the Zapfish and the three Agents headed back to Cuttlefish Cabin.

Mikey: Cap'n, we took care of the Octostomp. We're on our way back with the Zapfish.

Cap'n Cuttlefish: Unbelievable. To think they even have the Great Octoweapons on their side. Regardless, well done Agents. Keep up the good work, it's still a long way to the Great Zapfish.

When the Agents returned to Cuttlefish Cabin, the Cap'n congratulated them again.

Cap'n Cuttlefish: Well done Agents. The gate to the next area is now open. Though I'm guessing you must be very tired.

Kirby: Yes Cap'n.

Mikey: It's getting pretty late too.

Kate: Cap'n, do you mind if we continue this tomorrow?

Cap'n Cuttlefish: Certainly. You three Agents deserve a good night's rest for that battle with the Octostomp. Get some sleep, and I'll see you three tomorrow.

Kirby: We'll see you then Cap'n. Goodbye.

With that, Kirby, Kate & Mikey left Octo Valley and returned to Inkopolis.