Chapter 20: The Ravenous Octomaw

Once Kirby & Liza got back to Octo Valley, Kirby told the Agents the Boss Kettle was open.

Kirby: Alright guys, the Boss Kettle is open.

Mikey: Which boss is this again?

Kate: This will be the 4th boss fight.

Agent 1: Shouldn't we maybe learn about our opponent first?

Agent 2: Agent 1 does have a point.

Liza: I can provide some info. The 4th of the Great Octoweapons doesn't appear threatening at first hand, but he's called the Ravenous Octomaw for a reason.

Mikey: The Ravenous Octomaw?

Liza: He's probably the most dangerous of the Great Octoweapons here in Octo Valley.

Kate: Why is that, Liza?

Liza: The Octomaw is capable of devouring Inklings and Octolings whole. But his teeth & mouth are his weak spots!

Agents 1 & 2: How do we beat him?

Liza: Simple. If he tries to swallow you, swim away, then shoot his teeth & throw a bomb in his mouth.

Kirby: The old switcheroo. He expects to eat us, and we feed him a mouthful of Bombs. Thanks Liza.

Liza: Be safe, Agents.

The Agents then entered the Boss Kettle, & waited for the Octomaw to activate.

Kate: What do you think the Octomaw looks like?

Mikey: Maybe like an eel or snake.

Upon activation, Kirby questioned the Octomaw's appearance.

Kirby: The Octomaw is... a FISH? Whatever... Boss Battle Time!

The Octomaw then swam towards Mikey, attempting to eat him.

Mikey: You aren't about to eat me, pal!

Mikey swam away, leaving the Octomaw's mouth exposed.

Agent 1: Alright Fishy, say "Aah"!

Agent 1 then threw a bomb into the Octomaw's mouth. Upon swallowing the bomb, the Octomaw dropped down, revealing the tentacle in its mouth.

Mikey: I got this!

Mikey began to rapidly shoot at the Octomaw's tentacle, bursting it. Then the Agents Super Jumped away from the Octomaw as it prepared to enter its second phase.

Agent 2: So, what's the difference?

The Octomaw then opened its mouth, revealing a new set of purple, metal teeth.

Kate: So his teeth are made of purple metal now? Is that supposed to mean that they're stronger?

Agent 1: I don't know, but we're gonna find out the hard way if we aren't careful!
The Octomaw then began swimming towards Kate & Agent 2.

Agent 2: I'll blast the teeth, you throw the Bomb!

Kate: Got it!

Agent 2 then began to shoot at the Octomaw's teeth, creating an opening for her & Kate to get away. Once the Octomaw's mouth was open, Kate threw a Burst Bomb into the giant fish's mouth.

Kate: Bottoms up, Octomaw!

Once the bomb bursted inside the Octomaw's mouth, Agent 2 used her Hero Charger to shoot the tentacle. Then the Agents jumped away, as the Octomaw entered its final phase.

Agent 1: Ooh, golden teeth.

Kate: They sure are shiny.

Mikey: How tough are those teeth?

Agent 2: If they're as sturdy as they are expensive, they'd be pretty tough to break.

Kirby: Either way, it's time this beast saw a dentist!

The Octomaw swam towards Kirby, who was busy inking an escape route.

Mikey & Kate: Kirby, heads up!

Once he got the warning, Kirby began shooting the Octomaw's golden teeth. He was only able to break three, but he had enough space to slip through the opening.

Kirby: Thanks guys.

Kirby then prepared to throw a Splat Bomb, but the Octomaw began to swim away.

Mikey: It's retreating.

Kate: Nice job Kirby.

Kirby: No, something doesn't feel right. Stay on your guard everyone.

Once the Octomaw was out of reach, it shot its teeth at the Agents.

Kirby: Missile teeth! Shoot them down!

The Agents then began to shoot down the Octomaw's teeth. After a few minutes, the remaining teeth flew back to the Octomaw, which began swimming toward Kirby once again.

Kirby: Oh no you don't.

Quickly, Kirby got out of harm's way & readied himself to throw the last needed bomb.

Kirby: Time to feed the fish!

Once the Octomaw's tentacle was exposed, Kirby blasted the tentacle for one final time, putting the Ravenous Octomaw out of commission.

Kirby: Chew on that, fishy!

The Octomaw then let out a few screeches of pain, before finally exploding and revealing the Zapfish.

Kirby: Another Zapfish rescued, and another Octoweapon turned to scrap metal.

Upon grabbing the Zapfish, the Agents made their way outside of the Kettle, and began walking back to Cuttlefish Cabin.

Mikey: That fish stood no chance against our team.

Kate: Together, we can take on even the toughest challenges.

Kirby: Well, I think we deserve a little break before we head over to the last few Kettles.

And so, after their victory against the Octomaw, the Agents decided to take a little break.