Getting the Oppertunity

Courtney

I answer my phone and her many voices.

(A: Anounomous C: Courtney)

C: Hello?

A: Hi, is this Courtney Shimko?

C: Yes, who is this?

A: O2L here. We were wondering if you would like to join our channel!

C: Yes, of course.

A: Okay. we're expecting to see you in about 4 days. Your plane ticket is paied for already so be ready. You need to be there by 8 tonight. Bye!

C: Bye.

We hang up and I start packing my things. I look at the picture of me, my dad, and my step mom. We were so happy till I began to make youtube videos. I pack it away and load every thing into my car. I drive to the airport and they smile. They take me strait to my plane. I get on and sigh. I'm going to miss New York. The plane takes off and I get a call.

(D: Derek (Courtney's father) C: Courtney)

C: Hello?

D: Where are you?

C: I'm on my way to Cali.

D: Your just like your mother. I hope you like being trash!

C: Daddy, please. I got a job offer there.

D: And what would that be?

C: Fashion.

D: Oh. I'm sorry Court.

C: Don't bother. You are always acting like this. I want my old father back. Bye.

D: Court, don't.....

I hang up and cry.

"Why are you crying Courtney," a reconizable voice says.

"My father and step-mother treat me like I'm trash," I say looking at JC Caylen.

"Well, me and the boys will be able to cheer you up," JC says smiling.

"I don't think so JC. He remarried a year after my mom ran out. Him and his new wife found out about my channel and said I was wasting my life away, I should go to a boarding school. I went and I ran away. I found my mother and I lived with her till my dad found out. He had the police bring me back to his house. Thats when I became this dark and secluded girl I am now," I cry and he hugs me.

"We wont hurt you like that," JC says and I smile.

"Thanks JC," I say.

"No problem. Want anything," he asks.

"Is there and Arazona Tea," I ask.

"Of course," He says getting me a can.

"Thanks," I say when he hands it to me.

<32 HOURS LATER>

We land and JC helps me gather my boxes and bags. We put them into my car and I see Kian.

"Is this the girl," he asks.

"Yeah," I sigh.

"I'm Kian," he introduces himself.

"I know. I'm Courtney," I say.

We shake hands and he looks at my clothes.

"Do you always wear black," he asks.

"No," I sigh and JC walks over.

"Follow us to the house. Everyone is excited to meet you," he says.

"Cool," I say.

We drive to the house and I sigh. We pull in and I look in shock. I take off my black jacket to reveal my bright blue crop top and change into my hot pink heels. I get out of my car and Kian looks.

"Are you trying to prove a point," he asks.

"No," I say quietly.

JC tells him to back off and he walks inside.

"I'm sorry bout him," JC says.

"Its fine," I say and we walk inside.

"She's here," Sam shouts and I laugh.

He grabs the boxes out of my hands and sets them down. He hugs me and I smile. I hug back and the rest of the boys hug me. Kian huffs and goes up stairs.

"Don't mind him. He just thinks your gothic. But I can tell its from your past," Ricky says.

"Yeah," I sigh.

We unload the rest of my things and the boys show me to my room. I walk in and smile.

"Thanks guys," I say and the smile.

"No problem," Ricky says and they leave.

I start unpacking and hear someone sit on my bed. I put my guitars on the stands and look at my bed.

"Yes Kian," I ask.

"Nothing," he huffs.

"Then why are you in my room? You clearly think im a goth," I say and he sighs.

"Sorry," he huffs walking out.

"Look Kian, I don't mean to be coming of as a jerk. Its just my past has taken a toll on me and is why I'm the way I am today," I say and he looks.

"You wanna talk about it," he asks sincerly.

"Sure," I whisper.

He walks back in my room and shuts the door.

"So where ever you wanna start," he says.

"So I lived with both my biological parents till I was 13. My mom couldn't handle the stress of raising a 13 year old so she left. about a year later my father, Derek, remarried and thats when I started making videos. Him and Debbie, his new wife, said I was wasting my live and.......and," I started to cry.

Kian hugs me and I start to calm down a little.

"And they sent me to boarding school. I ran away and found my mom. I lived with her for a few months till my dad figured out and called the police. The police brought me back to his house and thats when...... when they started to treat me like trash. I got my car and packed all my things and left. He called me on the plane and said a lot of hurtful things. And because of them thats why I have this apperance of being a dark and secluded person but I'm not. I really love color but black helps prevent from people messing with me," I sigh and Kian smiles.

"Do you want to go to the stor and stock your fridge with arizonas," Kian asks.

"Yeah. Can you come with me," I ask.

"Of course. But can you change into brighter colors," he jokes.

"Already intended on it," I say and he walks out

I get changed into bright blue pants and matching flats. The pants match my crop top. I top it off with a white snap back. I walk out and Kian smirks.

"Okay smerf," he jokes and we walk out.

I grab my keys and get in my car. Kian directs me to the closest store and I park.

"OH MY GOSH! IT'S COURTNEY AND KIAN," a girl screams and I jump.

"What," Kian asks seeing me jump.

"I just didn't expect to be called out so quick," I say.

He laughs and we get out. I lock my car and Kian chats with the fans. I tap his shoulder and he looks.

"Lets get my arizonas before I go crazy," I suggest and he laughs.

We walk in and grab a ton of arizonas. We check out and the cashier looks at us like we're crazy.

"Their for a party," Kian says and she nods.

We get them all into my car and I drive home with the help of Kian.