𝐗𝐕 | 𝐁𝐫𝐚𝐳𝐢𝐥

♪ - Song: Garota de Ipanema by Tom Jobim - ♪
"Ah, se ela soubesse que quando ela passa, o mundo inteirinho se enche de graça"
(Ah, if she knew that when she passes, the whole world is filled with grace)

♪ - Song: Garota de Ipanema by Tom Jobim  - ♪"Ah, se ela soubesse que quando ela passa, o mundo inteirinho se enche de graça"(Ah, if she knew that when she passes, the whole world is filled with grace)

You had finished packing your bags for your trip to Brazil. Even though it was autumn there, the temperature was still warm.

Tom wouldn't stop texting, he gave up on calling as to he knew it would annoy you but he still tried to contact you. You wanted to talk and sort things but part of you needed a break, from both Tom and Zayn, whom you never got time to get over.

It hit you that you had gotten a lot of trust issues ever since you found out about Zayn and Gigi. You had also jumped into a new relationship with Tom in less than 7 months after not knowing it would kill you inside.

From the outside, you relationship with Tom was perfect but internally you always worried he would cheat on you or get bored of you and leave. You moved to fast during a time you needed for healing and finding self love.

You would never blame Tom on that but you would blame him for leaving you for 5 weeks with not a single text message. Part of you understood his decision but you thought it was stupid.

As you arrived downstairs, you called for a cab. The driver helped you with your bags.

"Where to, Miss?" the driver said.

"JFK. Thank you", you said as you settled yourself in the backseat.

New York traffic was horrible today but you were used to it. You put your headphones in and drift off from reality. A few minutes after, you sister calls you and you pick up.

Call with Alex
(she's bold font, you're normal font)

"Are you on your way to the airport?" "Yes. But the traffic might stop me from that" you laugh, "Are you sure this is what you want to do?" "It's what I need, Alex. I need a break from work and Tom and need to focus on myself." "I support you in whatever is best for you. Just please be back for my wedding!" "Wouldn't miss for the world." "Alright, enjoy the trip! Love you." "Love you too! Bye."

Alex and David are going to get married on June 19th in Cape May which is located in New Jersey. You were planning on staying in Rio for at least two weeks. You needed time off.

- time skip -

You were now waiting for the plane to take off.  You had the window seat and a tall man with dark brown hair sat next to you in the middle seat. No one sat in the hallway seat.

"Wanna share the middle seat?" the man said, he had a brazilian accent when he spoke english.

"Huh?" you replied not understanding what he meant by "sharing".

"Sorry," he laughed, "I don't think anyone is sitting in the hallway seat so I can sit there and we can use the middle seat to put our bags or something." he finished with a smile.

You let out a small chuckle, "That sounds good", you said with a smile. "I'm (Y/N) by the way."

"Gabriel. Nice to meet you." he replied extending his hand for you to shake it.

The rest of the flight was nice, you and Gabriel talked about everything. You ended up opening up to him about everything that has happened to you in the last year or so and he gave you advice.

You felt comfortable sharing stuff with Gabriel, he was a good listener and motivated you not to cry and to be a bad bitch.

"You gotta be brave, girl!" he said, "these men lost the best thing that has ever happened to them. Be the bad bitch you are and begin living your best life."

Part of what he said was true. You kept that in the back of your mind to remind yourself to give yourself love.

During last 5 hours of the 10 hour flight you were in, Gabriel shared with you things about him, like how he was going to Brazil to visit his family and he'd soon be seeing his boyfriend again.

Gabriel was from São Paulo but his family had moved to Rio when he was 7. He now lives in Manhattan and works for a big business. You had many things in common, you both love Marvel, you like the same color and liked the same tv shows.

It was safe to say you had just made a new friend and you felt like this new chapter in your life was off to a great start.

- time jumppp -

You were waiting to get checked in on the hotel you were staying. Gabriel had given you his phone number in case you needed help or a friend to vent to. You wanted to begin exploring Rio but the people in front of you were taking so long to check in.

When you finally arrived in your room it was pretty late. The hour difference from New York was of only an hour so you called your sister to let her know you're alright.

But were you?

.
.
.
.
A/N: sorry it took so long to post! Also, while writing this, I was listening to Folklore and watching Monte Carlo lmaoo.