Chapter 14: Journey

"How long is this going to take?" Alexa whined. "I just want to get there already!"

"It will only take a couple days so quit complaining already. All you've done is complain. 'Ew! This place is nasty.' 'This ship is so rickety.' 'Are you sure it's safe and won't fall apart?'" Neil mocked, mimicking Alexa's voice.

It looked like Alexa was going to pounce on him so I held her back and tried to patch things up.

"Don't mind her. She's just a little tense. It's not every day you learn you're from another planet, right?" I laughed nervously.

"Yeah. I guess you're right, Prince. Well, since we have a couple days, why don't you guys go do something and relax, ok? You Earthlings say, 'Time flies when you're having fun', right?" Neil asked, pushing us out of the control room.

"Fine. What are we supposed to do? I don't see any games around here," Alexa huffed, annoyed that Neil was treating her like a kid.

"You'll think of something. See ya!"

The door was quickly closed, blocking our way back in.

"Now what?" I asked, curious.

"That jerk. He didn't have to push us out of the room. I trust him even less than before. I mean, he's obviously hiding something since he kicked us out," Alexa pouted.

"Or maybe he needs some alone time to focus on getting us to Saehiter safely. Why don't we explore the ship in the meantime? Maybe we can find something cool to do," I suggested, walking away.

"Fine. I doubt we'll find anything on this dump though. It's a wonder we even made it to space in this piece of junk."

I had to agree with Alexa on that. This ship was a wreck. I had to wonder what happened to it. Did it get damaged while entering Earth's atmosphere? That didn't really make sense. Surely a spaceship would have some sort of reentry mechanism. Before I could think about it any longer, Alexa shrieked, snapping my attention to her.

"Ew! What is that thing?"

I looked ahead to see what she was pointing at. In front of us was an ugly creature that looked like a mix between a dog and a bug. When Alexa shrieked, it turned to us, looking at us with its creepy compound eyes.

"What's going on?" Neil shouted as he ran towards us.

"There's an ugly monster in here!"

"A monster? Oh. You must be talking about my pet boug. He's completely harmless. I forgot that you two don't know anything about Saehiter's wildlife."

"It's disgusting! Get rid of it. I don't want it anywhere near me," Alexa screamed.

"Too bad then, Missy. He's staying. He's my traveling companion after all. Besides, if you get freaked out by a boug, are you sure you really want to go to Saehiter? There are animals a lot worse than this guy. Trust me. Spidears are the absolute worst," Neil shivered.

"Fine. I'll deal with your monster pet. Just get me to Saehiter as soon as possible," Alexa replied, somewhat put off by Neil's doubts.

I just sighed inwardly. If things kept going like this, this was going to be one long trip.