Chapter 11: Dream

"Look, honey! The baby is waving at us," a strangely familiar female voice called from somewhere.

"That he is, darling. He'll make a great prince," a gruff male voice replied.

Suddenly, there was an explosion and the room started to shake. Soon after, a bearded man appeared in my line of vision and picked me up. As he ran with me, I noticed that the hall behind us was burning brightly. Finally, we made it to a strange area that looked somewhat like an airport. There, the man set me down in a strange-looking capsule.

"I'm sorry, son, but I have to get you out of here before they come for you. Remember that your mother and I love you very much."

There were some shouts from behind him so he quickly shut the lid to the capsule and started whatever engine the thing had.

"Goodbye, Elax. Please stay safe," he cried as I was rocketed away in the strange capsule.

Then, everything went dark...

. . .

I woke up with a start. I had the feeling that I had had a strange dream, but I couldn't seem to remember it. I couldn't help but feel it was about something important too.

"It's about time you got up, sleepy head. I mean, come on. We're going to be late to school at this rate," Alexa complained as I walked into the kitchen.

"Yeah. Sorry."

"Are you feeling ok? You usually have some comeback or dig or something. Why're you so... submissive today?"

"It's nothing. Don't worry about it," I replied, trying to shake off the weird feeling.

"Whatever, dude. You better hurry up and eat breakfast or we'll miss Chloe on the way to school."

Nodding, I shoveled in my breakfast and got my stuff together. Soon, the two of us were walking down the street on our way to school.

"Hey, Clo. What's up?" Alexa greeted when we ran into Chloe.

"Oh, not much. How are you two?"

"I'm fine, but him? He's been acting really strange this morning. Can you work your magic on Mr. Sleepy?" Alexa whispered conspiratorially.

"Hey, Alex. Did you not sleep well last night?" Chloe asked as she moved towards me.

"I'm good. How are you?"

"Alex! That's not what I asked. What's wrong?"

"It's nothing. Don't worry about it."

"It is something and you're going to tell me what. Now spit it out," she demanded, concerned.

"I had a weird dream last night, but I can't remember it," I paused, not sure whether to tell them about Neil.

"And...?" the girls prodded.

"And something happened yesterday, but it's probably nothing. Don't worry about it."

"What do you mean, 'It's probably nothing'? If it's bothering you, spit it out. I have a right to know since I'm a part of you and Chloe's your girlfriend so you shouldn't keep secrets," Alexa huffed.

"Fine. If you really want to know, this criminal told me that I'm the prince of some planet yesterday. Are you happy now?" I replied, somewhat aggravated.

"And why does this bother you so much? He was probably out of his mind from whatever drugs he may have taken."

"I don't know who he was, but... he could shapeshift."