Chapter 10: Stirrings

After the Docs were locked up, many new villains tried to take his place. Of course, since they were more incompetent than the Doc and because I can now split into two people, they were easily caught. That is, until he showed up. It all happened one day after school...

"Hey, Dad. I'm home," I called as I walked into the house that fateful day.

"Got a lot of homework to do tonight, kiddo?"

"Nah. I managed to finish it all before school let out. I take it the alarm hasn't gone off at all today?"

"Nope. Today's been nice and peaceful."

As if on cue, the villain alarm went off. When I got to the Hideout, I saw that a new villain was causing trouble. According to the monitor, the guy's name was Neil A. Something about him looked familiar, but I dismissed it and headed out to stop him.

"Hello there, Masculine Militant. Or should I say Alex Wright?" Neil smiled when he noticed me running towards him.

"How do you know my name?" I stopped, both confused and concerned.

"That's easy. I know everything about you, including the fact that you're not from Earth."

"What are you talking about? Of course I'm from Earth."

"Oh? You really don't know? What a pity. To think that the crown prince of Saehiter doesn't even know his origins. Let me ask you this: have you ever wondered why you have powers?"

What was this guy talking about? Sure, I've always wondered why I was different, but it was obviously some fluke of nature, right? My parents wouldn't keep this a secret from me, right? Besides, I'm no prince. I'm just a slightly extraordinary kid.

"Of course I've wondered about that, but I know I'm from Earth. I have a family, after all. They would never keep this a secret from me."

"Are you really so sure about that, young prince?" Neil laughed. "Face it. You're not human, Alex. You never were and you never will be. Sure, you can look like a human, but deep down, you're one of us. Come back home with me. It's time for you to take the throne for your own."

"No! I won't go. I'm staying right here on Earth. Besides, I'm going to turn you into the police for the crimes you've committed."

"Crimes? And what crimes are those exactly?"

"According to my sources, you've robbed at least twelve stores and attacked a bunch of people. I don't know about Sabiter or whatever, but on this planet, those are crimes."

"Saehiter. It's pronounced Saehiter. Anyway, I must take my leave for now, but I will return for you, Prince. Whether you want me to or not," Neil announced ominously as he shapeshifted into a bird and flew away.

I don't know if what he said was true, but if it is, Mom and Dad have a lot of explaining to do.