Chapter 7: Capture

After hesitating for a moment, I ran after her. Once I was outside the restaurant, I frantically looked around for Chloe, but she was nowhere to be found.

"Chloe! Where are you?" I shouted into the empty streets.

With my above average hearing, I heard her call my name from above. I looked up to see the Doc holding Chloe at gunpoint in his hover car.

"Let her go right now!" I screamed at the crazy doctor.

"I don't think so, Masculine Militant, or should I say, Alex Wright?"

"What do you want with her? She's never done anything to you!"

"Calm down. I'm only using her as a bargaining chip. If you give me my other self, I'll let her go. However, if you don't hand him over by midnight tonight, you can say goodbye to your girlfriend. The choice is yours."

"You have yourself a deal," I replied without thinking about the consequences. "Where do you want to meet?"

"You're rather reasonable tonight! Why don't we meet at my lab? After you hand over the other me, I promise to give you back, what's your name again? Ah yes. Chloe. Does that work with you?"

"Yes, but if I found out you hurt her in any way, I'll kill you with no questions asked," I growled, my voice breaking with rage.

"Yeah. Yeah. See you there and don't be late," the Doc waved as he flew away.

After he left with Chloe, I immediately jumped into my car and drove off as fast as I could. When I got home, I ran down to the Hideout before anyone could ask me what was going on. As I was unlocking the crazy Doc's cell, I noticed that Alexa was standing behind me.

"What do you think you're doing? Why are you letting him out?" she asked, her voice both sassy and serious.

"It's none of your business. Just leave me alone."

Surprisingly, Alexa did what I asked and didn't say anything. Somehow, that was more annoying than her pestering me with questions. I was about to leave with the crazy Doc when she spoke.

"Promise you'll be careful," she said softly, tears in her eyes. "You're impulsive and hot headed so try not to get yourself killed, you got that?"

Speechless, I nodded firmly before running back to the car. After I strapped the handcuffed Doc in, I squealed out of the garage and onto the road.

"Hee hee! Fun! Fun! Whee!" the Doc giggled maniacally as I sped down the street.

Before long, we arrived at the Doc's lab. When I made it into the room where Chloe and the other Doc were, I led the crazy Doc over to the latter.

"Perfect. I'm so glad you decided to come. The party's just about to begin," the other Doc smiled evilly.

"Give me back Chloe!" I demanded, impatient.

"Tsk tsk. If only it were that easy. I'm afraid I never had any intention of giving her back to you. Looks like you're finally going to meet your maker, hero boy!"

The Docs walked over to the giant robot where Chloe was trapped inside. Even though I could see her desperately pounding on its glass stomach, I heard nothing. After the genius Doc pressed a button on a remote, the robot started to move towards me.

"What will you do? Will you destroy the robot, thus killing your girlfriend or will you sacrifice yourself to save her life? You better make your decision quickly before you run out of time," the Doc cackled madly.

Torn by indecision, I stood there, unable to move. Suddenly, the door behind me burst open, revealing Alexa.

"Why are you just standing around? Destroy the robot and save Chloe, ya dolt!" she shouted, bringing back from the depths of despair.

"What about the Docs?"

"I'll get them. You just focus on saving Chloe and stopping that robot."

As Alexa ran toward the dumbfounded Docs, I steeled myself for the battle to come. Then, I charged.