chapter 34 || comfortable

"A-Ana Chiba?!"

He was staring at someone from behind you, eyes widening that looks like saucers. You also looked behind in curiosity and saw a blonde woman that looked like in her mid-30's.

She went over to Kawamoto's side and slapped him.

"Is this how you greet someone older than you?!" She yelled. "Show some respect!"

"Okay, okay! Sorry, miss.. It's just that, I didn't expect at you to be here at all.."

She kicked him. He groaned in pain.

"Doesn't mean you call me by my whole name!" She yelled once again, as he tried to cover his ears from the loud voice.

"At least add senpai! Chiba-senpai! Ana-senpai! Say it with me!"

"Ana-senpai.." He muttered quietly.

"That's better," she smiled at herself proudly. You silently watched the whole thing, not saying a word.

"Oh! (Y/n)! Didn't see you there," she smiled as she noticed you.

He was shocked. "How do you know each other?" He asked.

"We met near her beach cafe," You explained, as he nodded, still surprised.

"You own a beach cafe? Does anybody even go to that? I bet is has no ratings at all.." he chuckled to himself. The woman then kicked her hard.

This guy is literally asking for trouble.

"You want me to punch that pretty face of yours, huh?!" She kicked him multiple times. "Don't forget that I used to cook you food for that damn stomach of yours, you pig?"

He gasped. "P-pig!"

"You deaf, hun? Do you want me to repeat myself? Kawamoto Eiji is a pig!"

"Argh, stop shouting!"

You tried to cover your laughter. The scene reminded you of a stressed-out mom with her troublemaker kid.

"Are you laughing at me?" He looked at you angrily. "How dare you!"

"Oh yeah, by the way," you ignored him and faced at her. "What brings you here?"

"Oh!" Her angry face was morphed into a smiling face.

"I was the one who talked with the heroes regarding of you being kidnapped," she explained. "Perks of being an ex-villain from the League of Villains, huh?"

You smiled widely. "Really? Thank you so much!" You were grateful. "I'm sorry though, if I burdened you all.."

"Hey, it's alright!" She squatted down and rubbed your shoulder in reassurance. She went closer to your ear and whispered.

"Todoroki was so worried for you. He's a keeper."

She stood back up again as you blinked repeatedly.

"H-him?" You stuttered, as she nodded. Realization came upon you.

"So that's how you knew that I was kidnapped.." You said to yourself.

"Yup. Everyone was worried for you. Even the teachers.." she then trailed on and talked about it.

You were rather surprised on how Todoroki's the one who told her. He really does care about someone, but just acts indifferent from the outside. The thought of it made you melt on how kind and thoughtful he is as a person and friend.

"Are you crazy, woman?" He exclaimed. "Then Shigaraki would know that you were the one who ratted! What if he has a plan B-"

She shook her head. "It's fine. I'm capable of protecting herself anyway."

You were impressed. She is indeed a strong woman.

She then pinched his ears. "Also, woman?! You are so disrespect, you're driving me crazy!"

"Ow-ow! Stop! It hurts! I was joking!

"You deserve a punishment for causing so much trouble!"

Did I mention she's pretty awesome?

You laughed at the scene. "You guys seem close, huh?"

She let go of him, as he held onto his red ear. "I was in charge of him, actually, before I left. Tomura was so frustrated at him, that he told me to take care of him."

She wrapped her arm around him. "I was basically like an aunt to him. I treated him as my kid, after all. I'm proud to say that I raised him well, seeing that you both looked like close friends." She gestured to you and Kawamoto.

He objected. "My parents died when I was at a young age, and you joined the League of Villains when I was basically old enough to take care of myself. You didn't raise me like a kid at all."

"Shut up while I'm being nice."

He nodded many times, as you smiled at the sight.

They both have a wonderful relationship. It showed how comfortable he is to her, and vice versa.

"Now we're done with the chitchatting. (Y/n), you must go back to the police now. They need you to take to the police station and all that. I'm going to take this kiddo home."

You all stood up from the grassy ground. You waved at them goodbye as you went back. Good thing they were still busy investigating the place that they didn't even notice that you were gone for a while.

"Shall we take you back, miss?" The officer went up to you. You nodded as you headed into a car and drove off.