chapter 24 || fear

The party continued on, despite your fight with Bakugo again. You tried to shrug it off since you don't want it to ruin this party. Everyone was having fun already and you don't want to ruin that.

Few hours had passed, until it was announced that the party is over. It's already almost midnight.

One by one, people leave the venue, not forgetting to say goodbye to the birthday girl.

You thanked the coordinators and the MC for the party, as you chatted with them for a bit. It was already late and you thought that everyone left already.

But that's just a thought.

You noticed Bakugo, his hands in his pocket. He was on the door, ready to leave with his bro Kirishima. He stayed still, watching your every move.

You both made eye contact with each other. His countenance was filled with regret and frustration, but at this point, is it worth forgiving him again?

You both fought many times already. Does this mean you both don't work together well after all?

You shook your head, trying to erase these negative thoughts. After all, you made a promise. You just don't break any promises.

But that just makes you mad. It's fact that makes you frustrated so much.

"(Y/n).." Someone approached you.

"Oh, Todoroki.." I halted my thoughts, putting my attention to him now.

"Are you really okay?" He asked you once again. "I'm sorry if I made things awkward a while ago. I didn't intentionally do that,"

You wondered what he was talking about. Realization hit you as you remembered walking away from him, not even explaining away. Oh god, I feel really bad now.

"Oh! I'm so sorry,"  you apologized multiple times. "To be honest, I wasn't actually feeling well.."

"I'm so sorry again. You must've thought it was about you. No, it's just me.. so don't worry," You reassured him.

"No, it's fine," he said, accepting your apology. "I didn't know it has something to do about you."

"Actually, I'm more worried about you.." he admitted, looking away.

Your heart skipped a beat. How could he think about this after what I've done to him tonight?

"You shouldn't feel so worried about me!" You waved my hands around. You were about to say you're fine, but you didn't want to lie again. You hesitated for a bit.

"This might sound awkward but," he said cutting the silence quick. You looked at him attentively.

"I do care about you, (Y/n)," he confessed, as you blushed a little.

"O-oh really?" I was caught off guard. "Me too.."

He smiled lightly. "You must've been tired from all this partying. Let's head home now, shall we?" He said, as you nodded.

"Actually, can we stop by somewhere else on the way?" He looked at you in curiosity.

"I just.. want to forget the bad stuff that happened this night.

——

"Are you sure you still want to stay with me?" You asked him once again, as you nodded.

"Yes," Todoroki said without any hesitation. "I'm not leaving you here alone. It's already night and it's not safe for you."

After he said that, a waiter came and handed you some mini cups and a bottle of beer.

"Enjoy," he said, before leaving.