chapter 27 || my bestie

"Stop messing your hair. It looks just fine."

His words caught you off guard, as you run through your hair again out of consciousness.

"Are you deaf or something?" He yelled as you both were kind of far away already.

"Sorry!" You apologized before running off to another area.

Your heart was beating rapidly at his words. You have never been complimented by that guy.

"Stop it, (L/n)," you talked to yourself. "Your heart's gonna burst if you're going to fangirl about that."

You calmed yourself down before bringing out your phone to find his name on your contacts. You pressed it as you placed the phone beside your ear.

He picked after a few seconds. "(F/n)?"

"Dad?" You said. "Uhm, hey."

Great. Amazing. What an wonderful awkward start.

"Oh, hello. What's up?" He asked you.

"I just want to know how are you." You mentally facepalmed as you kept avoiding the real reason you called him.

"Oh! It's nothing much." He replied on the home. "I'm surprised that you called."

"I know. I don't call you at all." You stated the obvious. "But I want to change that.."

"Go on.."

"Dad, your assistant mentioned something about inviting me out just for the both of us.."

"Yeah. What about it?"

"I.. want to change. I'm up for it."

It went silent for a moment.

"Dad? Are you still there?" It's weird calling him dad to be honest.

"Y-yeah, was just caught off guard. Anyway! T-that's great?" He somehow sounded nervous as he stuttered.

"Hello? Are you okay?" It was kind of worrying.

"What? I'm okay! I guess I was a bit tired from working.." You sighed.

"It's not good if you overwork yourself.. You earn a lot of money anyway.."

"I know.. I'm sorry I can't help it." He sounded sad.

"But, let's not be to sappy here. We're going to be going out just the two of us together!"

"Yeah." I smiled at his enthusiasm. I guess that wasn't a bad decision.

"I'm sorry honey, but I need to go. I'll text you the details!" He hung up before you could say goodbye.

But you don't mind at all. You're actually looking forward it. This change will help you strengthen your relationship with one another. That's good. Great.

——

"Ms. (L/n)?"

"Yes?" You headed out of the bathroom with a towel as you looked at the outfit she brought.

"Your father wants you to wear this outfit prepared by him. Please wear it."

"O-oh okay." Can't I just wear my own outfit though?

"The car is ready outside. Your father is waiting for you outside already." She said before leaving my room.

You took off your towel and wore the outfit he prepared. It was a (favorite color) sundress with a matching headband and some sneakers. It was indeed kind of odd.

It has been a few days after that call with your father, as everything is set up. He mentioned that you both were going to a resort, kind of far away from your dorm. Probably a few hours.

You blow dried for a bit and put on some light makeup before grabbing your suitcase and heading out. As you were leaving, you were engulfed by a hug.

"I'M GONNA MISS YOU!" Mina cried out. "You have to send me pictures every hour and call me when you arrived, okay?!"

"Alright, alright," you hugged her back. The hug ended as you walked towards your door.

You then spotted Todoroki and Bakugo watching you leave. "I'm calling you both as I arrive there, okay?"

They both nodded silently as you headed out. But before that, Todoroki grabbed your suitcase.

"Let me help you with that." He held onto your suitcase as he escorted you outside.

"Todoroki, I admit you're quite a gentleman," you said. "But you don't have to."

"I insist." He said as you shook your head.

"No, it's fine really."

"Please-"

"She said she's fine. You're not her fucking butler." Bakugo said as you looked at him in shock.

"Bakugo, don't create a scene.." I said.

"Like what she said." Todoroki looked at his angry face. "Bakugo, you don't act like a man."

"whAT DID YOU JUST FUCKING SAY?" Bakugo exploded. "FUCK YOU!"

"Wow Bakugo," Denki then came out of nowhere. "Jealous, aren't ya? Aren't you going to run to your girlfriend before another man collects her?"

"SHUT THE FUCK UP YOU BI-"

You hurriedly headed to the car with your suitcase, pretending you didn't see that at all.

"Have a safe trip," he waved as you looked at him through the window of the car and waving him back.

The car speeded off towards the destination.

"Is that your boyfriend?" Your dad began to say as you shook your head profusely.

"He's just a friend!" You said as he chuckled at your defensiveness.

After that, no one said anything. It was a quiet ride towards your destination.

Few hours had passed and you've noticed there is no place or any kind of home nearby. The resort must been near by now, but it seems like it's not.

At the moment, you were in a mountain highway road. You started to feel uneasy.

"Dad, where are we going?" You asked him.

"We're near. You don't have to worry-"

"We're not going to a resort, are we?"

He didn't reply after that. You feel uncomfortable despite the comfortable car seat.

"Dad, where are we going?" You tried to muster a tough voice, to hide your nervousness.

"Don't fret. It doesn't look good on you." He said as he looked back at the seat to look at you.

"Dad, the road.." you pointed, as his other hand holds your hand gently to place it down on your lap.

"You don't have to worry about anything!" He looked kind of psycho.

He then started to melt into a gray viscous liquid.

You felt your body being paralyzed by shock. From a man, it transformed to a familiar young girl. A girly voice called out.

"I'll be here to accompany you in this fun ride, my bestie!"