XViii. Friends Who Have Your Back

Storybrooke. Present day.

GEMMA'S EYES FLUTTERED open and the young woman heard the beeping of a heart monitor and it took her a few minutes to realise she was actually in the hospital and when she did her breathing hitched and she started to panic but she felt a hand clasp down on her shoulder and turned her head to see Keira stood over her an unimpressed look on her face but concern shining brightly in her eyes

"W-Where am I?" Gemma croaked, even though she already knew

"In the hospital" Keira rolled her eyes "I thought that was obvious"

"I-I mean w-why, why am I here?" Gemma corrected herself 

"You don't remember?" Keira asked her friend, worry lacing her tone when the redhead shook her head, the last thing Gemma remember was getting out to help a strange man and thats it what had happened since then? "The doctor said you had a concussion so I suppose it's normal that your having some memory issues"

"I don't know what happened but I know I was with Emma and Mary Margret, where are they?" 

She expected Keira to be pissed off with her after all she was trying to help Mary Margret escape town when she was a convict so technically did that make her a criminal as well? She didn't know and frankly right then she didn't care she just wanted to find out what happened to Emma and Mary Margret seemingly knowing this Keira didn't push it and instead informed Gemma of what happened to Mary Margret and Emma "Erica told me that the guy that car broke down came back and found her after he kidnapped Mary Margret and Emma, I don't know the details of what happened but Erica managed to coax Mary Margret in to coming back into town and she's having a pretrial interview today and she doesn't want to speak to anyone yet so I haven't seen her yet but that doesn't matter as I'm more concerned about you after all you are in the hospital"

"B-But she's going to be in jail!" Gemma protested "That's the one thing I didn't want to--" 

"I know but she might not be, I have faith that everything is going to be okay" Keira tells her with a small smile and Gemma furrows her eyebrows in confusion how is it that the two most faithful people in the group has finally lost hope and the cynical one who didn't believe in hope was now trying to restore the hope in her friends 

Gemma lifted her head up slightly, ignoring the pain "How?"

"If you and Mary Margret have taught me anything, it's to always have faith" Keira spoke up

* * * * *

 Andalasia. Then.

Giselle was running late. Again

She quickly pushed open the door to the carriage and accidentally hit the footman in the face apologising sweetly and fast the young princess made her way up the stairs towards the palace, holding the white dress she was wearing in her hand so that it wouldn't get caught on the ground and end up dirty

Birds and rabbits floated around her finishing the touches to her dress  such as tying a bow to the waist of her dress adding a crown so she could look like the royalty and she let out a sigh of relief as she called over her shoulder, a sweet "Thank you!" 

"I can't believe this day has come!" Giselle rambled to herself, her redhead that was normally lose and flying around, an untamed mess was now tied up in a neat half up half dow bun with a pretty little white bow to finish look "Who knew seven years ago, I would be standing here on this day about to get married to the love of my life"

Snow White chuckled at her best friend "I didn't think this day would come either. You were always so shy around Edward when we were younger and when your father died you shut everyone out and I was so afraid you weren't going to return to the bubbly Giselle that I once knew and came to love"