Vi. Letting Go

Enchanted Forest. Then

"YOU KNOW I think you've deserved some time out of this cell after all you've been a good pupil and followed the rules and most importantly you've helped bring me one step closer to crushing Snow White's happiness and to say thank you I am going to let you out of your cell for a little while and give you time to explore the castle but if you even think about running off don't because I still control your heart" The Evil Queen smirked as she squeezed Giselle's heart making the red head groan and hunch over as she clutched her chest "And don't touch anything otherwise you know what will happen"

"Y-You're letting me out?" Giselle splutters truing to catch her breath

"Why of course" Regina tells Giselle, a smile stretching across her blood red painted lips "Because of you and the night of the ball I am able to be one step closer to destroying Snow White's happiness and when I do that I will finally be happy myself"

"Why what are you planing?" Giselle dared to ask

"Never you mind that" Regina says in a carefree voice but Giselle could hear the underlying threat in her tone before the Evil Queen used her magic to unlock the door on the former cartoon princesses cell "Now do you want out or not? I would decide quickly if I were you after all my grateful attitude towards you will not last forever"

The redhead raised an eyebrow in the direction of the Evil Queen to see if she was being genuine but dismissed that idea after all after all the time that Giselle has spent in captivity with this woman, she has never know the Evil Queen to say something if she didn't mean it and so Giselle quickly made up her mind and scrambled to her feet and her knees buckled after going to sleep as she hadn't put any weight through them in the past few days and when she got her balance she went through the cage and instantly let out a sight of relief, it was nice to not stare at the same four walls, it was making her stir crazy as she follows the Evil Queen out of the cells

* * * * *

Storybrooke. Present day.

Gemma was walking to Granny's Diner to meet up with Mary Margret and Keira as per usual before going to work with Mary Margret for the rest of the day but before she reaches the Diner, her eyes catches a certain blonde walking across the road towards Mary Margret's place and making a split second decision Gemma turns away from the Diner and instead made her way over to the blonde

"Hey, Emma, wait up!" The redhead exclaimed

Emma paused for a moment before spinning around a frown etched onto her face as she looks Gemma up and down before running a tired hand through her messy blonde hair as she sighs "What do you want?"

"I-I just wanted to see how Henry was doing?" Gemma stuttered out taken aback by the blonde's brash outburst "But I-I guess your busy, don't worry bout it, it was a stupid question and I guess you have more important things to deal with than a stranger coming up to you and asking how your son is doing when you don't even know her"

She turned to leave cutting off her own rambling and took a few steps only to turn back around when she hears a voice call out "Wait -- Sorry, it's not your fault and I didn't mean to be rude, it's just I've had a long night and I'm tired --  and why wouldn't you want to know whether Henry is fine after all you've known him longer than I have, but yes all things considered he seems to be doing okay and so far Regina hasn't come at me, demanding I leave town so I guess that's a bonus"

Chuckling Gemma says "Yeah well thats good, you know I can't imagine how I would feel if --"

Raising an eyebrow, Emma asked "Your a mother?"