ii. Hot Chocolate

New York City. Then

MORGAN PHILIPS RAN into  the room, her face full of excitement as she nearly crashed into Giselle "Are we ready to go ice skating! Dad said we could finally go! Now that I'm eight, he says I'm ready to do big girl stuff"

MORGAN PHILIPS RAN into the room, her face full of excitement as she nearly crashed into Giselle "Are we ready to go ice skating! Dad said we could finally go! Now that I'm eight, he says I'm ready to do big girl stuff"

Giselle laughed her airy laugh as she hugged Morgan to her chest as she kneels down before standing up and twirling the little girl around and around causing Morgan to catch a case of the giggles herself before she bursts out laughing herself and it continued that way until Giselle stopped spinning the little girl and set her down and as Morgan sways a little still lightheaded from the spinning and she was still giggling a little before Giselle speaks to Morgan "Your Dad is right, you are a growing girl and you deserve to go skating on ice"

Morgan giggles "It's just called ice skating!"

The red-haired woman tilted her head in confusion before her light eyes brighten "Of course, of course, I knew that I was just being silly"

"Girls are you ready?" The voice of Robert Philips filled the room as he walked in and he picked up his daughter from behind and tickled her sides and held her as she was squirming and had another case of the giggles as she begged for relief from her father, finally Robert listens to his only daughter and sets the red in the face girl down on the ground "C'mon birthday girl, once we go ice skating if you want we can go to the arcade and play games before we get hot chocolate from your favourite cafe down the road, what'd you say?"

The little girl jumped up and down, clapping her hands, hyped up on too many sweets and currently experiencing a sugar rush which the red-headed princess found greatly amusing as she snorts only to receive a sharp look from Robert to which Giselle quickly offered the man a sheepish wave and an even more sheepish smile before going red in the face and making her way over to the man and giving him a quick kiss on the cheek

"C'mon Rob let's take her ice skating with any luck she'll tire herself out"

* * * * *

Storybrooke. Present-day

"I -- I -- I don't know what you are talking about" The poor women stutters, her cheeks going crimson with embarrassment and I know she had no idea what was happening and what Emma was going on about but Emma wasn't about to let it go so easily

"And I don't know why you would give my sister one since you two have never met but I'm surprised you guessed that we like cinnamon on our chocolates cause most people don't but the point is I'm not looking for a friend and neither either my sister"

"Hang on!" The blonde woman who was standing next to Emma snapped "I can speak for myself, and if you would for one goddamn second let go of your anger towards Regina, then maybe you would see that it wasn't her that sent us the drinks and in fact, it was someone else"