Chapter 18: Home Invasion

Jeff, Jenn, Anissa, Lynn, & Gambi sit around the kitchen table.

"Ok so why did we pick our house to discuss the mole", Jenn ask.

"Because the whole team has access to the sanctum, but not to our house", Jeff replies.

"What about Erica?", Anissa asks.

"Her and TC went out on a movie date", Lynn replies.

"Well let's get started", Anissa says.

"Ok so as you all know we've come here to discuss the possible mole in our group", Gambi states, "and you all were to do your research and come up with your number one suspect, I have narrowed my list down and my number one suspect is Erica".

"Wait why Erica, she's apart of our family now, why on earth would she go behind our back, to tell all of our secrets", Lynn says.

"It's just a theory", Gambi replies.

"And what proof do you have to support your theory", Lynn says straightening her face.

"Now Lynn you can't get mad everyone has there own suspect, we can't knock anyone's theory", Jeff says to Lynn.

"Now as I was saying, Erica is the only one who heard what the plan was gonna be, the day we talked about it she was in Lynn's lab giving blood", Gambi says.

"But the whole team was informed of the plan an hour before, the plotted mission", Lynn replies.

"Yet it wouldn't have been enough time for Gravedigger to come up with his plan, he had to have already been planning when we were planning", Gambi replies.

"I mean that kinda makes sense, but let's not jump to conclusion let's hear out the whole tables theory", Anissa says.

"I'll go, my number one suspect was TC", Lynn says.

"Of course it was", Gambi says shaking his head.

"What's your proof", Jeff asks.

"TC is able to communicate with computers how do we know TC hasn't told one of the computers to send a private message to Gravedigger, informing him on the plan", Lynn says.

"TC wouldn't do that, he doesn't even know where Gravedigger is", Gambi replies.

"He doesn't have to, his powers can communicate with all devices meaning one device can tell where the other device was located", Lynn says.

"Lynn does make a good point but that just brings me to who I believe it is", Jeff says.

"And who's that?", Jenn ask.

"Dionte, he all of a sudden came to our rescue when we needed someone to capture Khalil but how did he know about the sanctum, and by his blood work we can tell that he's one of the pod kids that Gravedigger had, yeah he says that he was given a stabilization serum, but how do we know Gravedigger didn't mind wipe him and order him to watch our every move and report back to him", Jeff says.

"Wow you have seriously thought this out", Anissa says.

"I've been speculating about him since he's been on the team but he hasn't shown any signs", Jeff replies.

"We need to look a little bit more closer at him", Anissa starts, "but on to my person, I say it's Khalil".

"This again?", Jenn replies.

"What again?", Anissa says looking at Jenn.

"You still have minor beef with Khalil or something?", Jenn asks.

"No but Khalil, is so nonchalant about everything that we can tell when he's being serious or not and that's not good for our team", Anissa says.

"Ok so just because he doesn't speak a lot, he's keeping secrets and being a mole", Jenn replies.

"Jenn you can't keep defending Khalil on every occasion", Anissa says.

"I'm not defending, I just know where his heart is", Jenn replies.

"Both of y'all are getting y'all emotions into what should be helping the team", Jeff says.

"Exactly", Lynn chimes in.

"Now Jenn you have to respect Anissa's thesis", Jeff says.

"I do, which is why my thesis is Grace", Jenn replies.

Anissa chuckles.

"How did I know that was gonna be your suspect", Anissa says.

"Because you know that she can just as easily be a mole like Khalil right," Jenn asks.

"Well Jenn, what's your support claim?", Gambi speaks up.

"Grace sneaks out every night to do her nightly leopard walks, she can easily walk and end up in Gravedigger facility, if he sees her he can mind wipe her and make her come back every night to tell him everything that goes on with the team", Jenn replies.

"Grace wouldn't do that, she goes out so she can look for food not rat us out to our enemies", Anissa says.

"But you don't know if that's all she does, I know y'all love some of the members on the team but when discussing things like this you have to be open minded and put your feelings to the side", Jeff replies.

They all just stare at each other at the table.

"Ok so our top suspects are; Erica, TC, Dionté, Khalil & Grace, those are the ones we have to watch out for", Lynn starts.

"I'm not about to watch my girlfriend", Anissa says standing up and storming out the door.

The room falls silent.

"Ok so that's my cue to go to bed", Jenn says standing up and walking towards the stairs, "Good Night Family".

"Good Night", Lynn says.

After talking for a few more moments Gambi leaves and Lynn and Jeff go to bed also.

Later on that night Jenn is awaken by a loud bang downstairs. She gets up out of bed and walks out of her room. She peeps in on her parents and they're fast asleep. She creeps downstairs. When she reaches the last step she sees the refrigerator door open and Erica standing in front of it throwing things out.

"Uh Erica are you ok", Jenn ask.

There's no response.

"Erica!", Jenn says moving closer.

Erica turns around and her eyes are as blue as the sky. Jenn turns and tries to run and tell her parents. Erica kicks her in the back knocking her to the floor. Jenn turns and lies on her back. Erica throws a plate at her. She rolls over nearly dodging the plate. She jumps up. Erica smirks and squares up.

"Erica, I'm not gonna fight you, you need to tell me what is going on", Jenn says.

Erica moves in closer towards Jenn. Jenn starts to back up. She backs up into the wall. Erica swings but Jenn dodges it and Ericas hand goes through the wall.

"You know what, let's fight", Jenn says shoving Erica from in front of her and squaring up.

Erica swings again but this time Jenn grabs her fist and swings her around and into the pantry knocking the door down also. Erica jumps back and grabs Jenn by her robe and throws her into refrigerator. Jenn pulls Erica closer to her and head butts her, Erica falls back. Jenn walks up to Erica on the floor. Erica kicks Jenn back and jumps up. She slowly starts moving closer to Jenn.

"Erica I don't want to do this", Jenn says with her eyes glowing.

Erica smirks then starts to charge but from a distance a blue lightning bolt strikes her, sending her to the ground.

Jeff comes running downstairs with Lynn following.

"Baby are you okay", he says hugging Jenn.

"Yeah I'm fine, Erica was under some kind of trance and she attacked me", Jenn says.

"A trance?", Lynn says.

"Yeah her eyes were as blue as the sky", Jenn says.

"Well let's get her to Lynn's lab, to run some test on her before she awakes", Jeff replies.