Chapter 6: The Book of Acceptance

Jeff pulls into the Drive Way after being told off by Jenn. He walks up to the door and notices Lynn in the Kitchen drinking wine. He walks in.

"Hey baby", Lynn says looking up.

"Hi", Jeff grumbles then goes in the refrigerator to grab a beer.

"Uhh what's wrong with you, why do you seem so gloomy", Lynn says.

Jeff hesitates for a moment then puts his beer down.

"You told Jenn she could stay with Anissa", Jeff says.

"I mean yeah that's her sister she should be able to spend time with her during this summer break", Lynn says, "It's that what this whole gloomy thing is about".

"I mean yeah you shouldn't have let her go stay anywhere not how she's been walking around with that attitude of hers", Jeff says.

"That attitude is because of you", Lynn replies putting her glass down.

"Me what did I do", Jeff asks.

"I mean you're so mad about this list Gambi made you called her out many times, when it's not her fault, and you act like she's the only one that's in front of you, Anissa is higher than you as well", Lynn says.

"But she indestructible, I get that but me and Jenn have the exact same power", Jeff says.

"If you would get off the fact that she's higher than you on the list and listen to why you wouldn't be questioning anything", Lynn says.

"What's that suppose to mean", Jeff replies.

"Jeff when you go to bed at night you are powerless meaning no power unless you wake up and absorb it, When Jenn sleeps she is a floating Lightning bolt, generating more power from within than you could ever absorb, you should be happy for her, if you ever get drained of your powers you have someone that cares so much about you to give you that power back", Lynn says.

"I am proud but — ", Jeff starts.

"Well you need to start acting like it and not bringing your daughter down", Lynn says getting up and walking upstairs.

Jeff holds his beer in his hand and walks into the living room.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Over at Anissa's they're getting ready for a movie night.

"Grace hurry up I'm ready to see Terminator 2", Anissa yells from downstairs.

"Give me like fifteen minutes I'm putting on my clothes", Grace yells back.

"Really", Anissa mumbles.

"I know you're not mad Harriet you use to take 1 hour showers making us almost late to school, Da yelled at us every morning", Jenn says walking and sitting beside Anissa.

"Speaking of Da what's  y'all  beef?", Anissa ask.

"I don't even know right after Gambi made this list up he's become very distant and has been giving me the cold shoulder and let's not forget the snarky ass comments", Jenn replies.

"Yeah those were out of line but in reality they were true Jenn", Anissa says.

"So you're agreeing with him", Jenn ask.

"No I'm just saying you do have a lot of power and you are very powerful but you do sometimes let your emotions takeover and the results aren't good", Anissa says.

"Yeah but still it's not his place to call me out and to use it against me because he jealous is down right wrong", Jenn says.

"No it is wrong but it is his place to tell you because as a father your well being comes first these powers come second so yeah he used it at the wrong time and for the wrong reason but he made some valid points that came from a dads perspective", Anissa replies.