08| Furry Little Being

Start from the beginning

For the last time this evening, you let your gaze drift back to the city's static lights of gold and silver, vaguely reflected upon the dusky sea that brings back a memory.

A memory that makes you unconsciously run a finger over your lips, feeling the sheer impossibility of having them kissed by the lips of someone unbelievable.

~~~

Morning comes soon and you're awoken by something nibbling your toes.

If that's Jungkook, you're going to kick him in the nose.

Pressing the cushion over your face, you wiggle your feet to shoo away the ticklish feeling. Then curling to the side when the nibbling stops, you hope to drift back to dreamless slumber.

But after a moment, it starts again.

That little something is gnawing on your toes now, a disturbing licking noise crumpling in your ears, making you groan before tossing your cushion across the room.

Sitting up, you let your blurry vision adjust onto a furry little creature settled on the chaotic sheets of your bed. You jump back, rubbing your eyes before looking at it once again.

There's a fluffy little Pomeranian dog on your sheets.

For a solid minute, you stare at it blankly, silently drinking in its presence. The puppy's body is swallowed up in spiky raven fur, leaving the eyes to stare right through your soul. There are hints of golden-brown fur beneath its tiny face, the paws poking out the bottom.

A slow, lazy smile grows over your lips. Finally something good.

Its small head tilts to the side as if figuring you out. And you stare back, eyes catching sight of the dog tag that's muffled by its fur. You inch closer to get a better look.

Yeontan.

The name earns you to grin, curiosity flaring with the person who named him that.

Slowly, you reach your arm forward to pet Yeontan, making him scoot back, letting out a cute mewl that tugs your heart. You try again, but he leaps from your bed, scurrying towards the door.

Or rather to a person.

You swallow at the sight of a man who kneels to scoop Yeontan in his arms with such professionalism that the dog willingly stays in his comfort. When he stands up, you get a better look at his face.

Holy shit.

He raises a brow, and you realize you may have blurted that out. But you couldn't help it. This man is bewitchingly good-looking. His face is solemn, chin with a gentle curve and long eyelashes that catch the morning light.

"Forgive me," comes his raspy voice, rich with a certain resonance that flatters you. You're not sure why he's apologizing but maybe he felt bad for letting Yeontan loose in your room—Temporary room, you remind yourself, temporary.

The brunette plants a peck on the dog's little head before looking back at you, eyes falling up and down your figure. "You must be Y/N," his voice drawls, "The one that's been causing all the trouble."

It's intriguing how contrasting his voice is to his personality—especially when a teasing smile darts his ethereal features, lighting up his core.

"Kim Taehyung is the name," he says.

You spring to your feet, feeling your cheeks heat up. Why are the most handsome gentlemen popping in when you look like an absolute witch?

"Hi," you greet awkwardly, voice all husky.