08| Furry Little Being

It may not be scientifically proven, but you're hypothesizing that Hoseok is a human form of sunshine.

No, like really.

There's a spell he and the others have cast on you that it's nearly impossible to not warm up to them. And it's funny how long it takes for some people to warm up to, while the others only a smile and the world suddenly turns colorful.

Jin and Junghyun, you learn, are one of "those" people.

Likable, enjoyable, natural.

Not Jungkook, though. He's the opposite. How he ended up being friends with Jin and the others will always be a mystery.

Effortlessly, they make you laugh from their cheesy pickup lines and nonstop dad jokes which earn a stupid grin to linger on your lips throughout dinner. Your food runs cold, but you're so engrossed in their humor that hunger surprisingly swishes out of your system.

Hoseok, though, is sophisticated to some greater extent, cheerful and optimistic with his words. His laugh is just the purest chord to your ears, too contagious for your mind to think of anything besides having fun.

But Jimin—yes, the painfully handsome, certified winker whose sweet voice remains in your head rent-free—wasn't quite the ray of sunshine.

He's the CEO of flirtatious pickup lines.

Aside from being sexy, what do you do for a living?

I like my bed... but I'd rather be in yours.

At first, you're cold to him, considering how he almost kidnapped you. But he was sorry, giving forward a reason that he took you for a spy from how fast you ran. And when he brought you flowers and expensive Belgian chocolate for compensation, you couldn't resist his charms any longer.

Jungkook, however, kept to himself throughout dinner. His eyes maintained their natural aloofness, glowing with coldness even after Jin's humor-filled jokes which only earned him to curtly nod in response.

Occasionally, you would look at him, admiring how strikingly good he looked just sitting there, urbane in manner while eating. Fortunately, he doesn't notice you stealing glances at him. To him, you're like a speck of dust on the dining table—Too small and irrelevant for his regard.

You couldn't care less since your attention was mostly grasped by Hoseok and the others. There's something about them and their charisma that makes you forget you're a complete stranger to them.

Still, no matter how pretty their outer shell might appear, you have no intention of staying while they want you to.

You miss home. Your small neighborhood. The sandalwood scent of your dainty room. Jihoon's annoying walkie-talkie that cracked every morning. Lisa's sweet voice blabbering about boys.

Lisa.

She's out there somewhere, expecting you to magically appear at your favorite coffee place or at the gift shop the two of you would shoplift at shamelessly.

You miss your friend now more than ever.

And as you watch the night sky above the window of the room you're stuck in, more memories start to flood your mind—some refreshing, while the others cold and broken. Most were pleasant though, granting you another reason to stick to your getaway plan.

Only—you aren't sure where exactly you are.

You're in Seoul. Of course you are. But it's a large city and it'll take quite some dangerous effort to make your way home.