54| Love Language

You knee Jungkook in the groin for the hundredth time.

He yelps in pain."Fuck."

Hysterically, you run past him to open the door but Taehyung is already stepping out breathlessly with blood all over his shirt.

He's drawing big gasps of air, blinking up at your horrified face in confusion. You let out a relieved cry, reaching out to hug him so tight you nearly choke him. "Oh my gosh you're alive!"

Taehyung tenses, then after an awkward hug, he pulls away, frowning down at your face. "Uh. Is that water coming out of your eyes?"

Sniffling, you wipe the tears off your cheek. "I thought you died!"

He blinks at you before laughing. "Oh that." He casually takes his jacket off, and unbuttons several buttons of his shirt to reveal a bulletproof vest. "I'm always prepared, darling."

Your eyes widen at him and you look passed the door, staring horrified at all of the Reaper's men lying dead on the floor with a pool of blood near their bodies.

"How... how did you manage to..." Jungkook folds his arms to his chest, staring at you bored. "We don't have time to be shocked about minimal things anyone but yourself can do."

Taehyung laughs, patting your back. "Sorry to surprise you but I'm alright. I'm a trained fighter. Black belt and all."

There's some relief coursing through your body, making you sigh. "I thought you scarified yourself for us."

He scrunches his nose at you. "I love you but I would never do that."

You roll your eyes at him, feeling a fragment of suspicion creep in. If Taehyung was a good black belt fighter then wouldn't that make him a good assassin? And if he's a good assassin, then it goes without saying that Taehyung could be the Grim Reaper.

Obviously-Junghyun is your first suspect. But who exactly did he mean when he said you've got the wrong brother? Did he mean Jungkook? Or did he mean "brother" non-familialy? If so, then the Reaper could be any ofJungkook's friend.

And no, Jungkook cannot be the Reaper because frankly, why would he destroy his own company? Not to mention he was fighting the Reaper in front of him at Jeju Island.

Taehyung, on the other hand, is questionable. After Bea and your bestfriend's betrayal, you're going to stick to the slightest intuitions you have of anyone.

For a moment too long, the three of you pace down the stairs with big strides before Jungkook stops at the ground level of the staircases. "This is it," he says, and you stare at him in confusion as he kicks a big nasty brown rug to the side to reveal the outline of a mini door. "Is that...a secret underground base?"

Taehyung grins mischievously but before he can reach for the handle, someone is already pushing the door open.

Jungkook steps back, holding the slab of rock open, revealing man with silver hair so bright it blinds you.

Namjoon stares up at the three of you before sighing in relief. "Thank God. I thought you guys died."

"So did I," says Taehyung, before shoving the man to the side as he hops down through the tiny door. "Do ya'll got food? I want food."

Namjoon scrunches his nose at his bloody figure. "Did you get shot? Again?"

Taehyung ignores him, walking away. You look up at Jungkook, suddenly remembering that a few minutes ago, he tried to use you to get Selwyn. "By the way," you say, glaring at him. "If you throw a pocketknife stunt like that again I'm going to kill you."