Seventeen And Quarantined

Zacznij od początku

"Well ya know it's true and some girl will find it attractive some day!" Romeo yells at both of the boys who go after him again.

"What girl thinks what's attractive?" Race says sitting up quickly, "Is it something Flavi would think is....?"

"Race, shouldn't you know the answer to that question?" Elley asks him teasingly, "You're the one who seems to know her best."

"Yeah but...." Race starts and Elley starts to shove him up the stairs.

"Go talk to her like a normal person....no....flirting," she says.

"I don't know how else to talk!" he complains in return and Elley groans before turning to Mush.

"Can you help me out here?" she asks and Mush shrugs. 

"Don't look at me. I don't know how to help you," he replies and Elley frowns at him.

"It hasn't even been five minutes since I looked at this headline and I feel like I'm already going to lose my marbles!" she exclaims before turning to Mush, "You really don't know how to help this situation."

"Well...I umm am going to help stop Kid Blink," he replies before running off after his friend. Elley sighs loudly just as Davey wanders back into the room only to get hit with a marble.

"Ow!" he yelps and whirls around to see Finch giving a Les a slingshot lesson.

"Guess I'm a crack shot!" Les exclaims while Finch and Snipeshooter are giggling at their little maneuver.

"Oh no. We're not starting this out with you having a slingshot," Davey starts, "Someone is really going to get hurt with that." He plucks the slingshot right out of Les's hands.

"Awwww, don't be such a killjoy, Davey. You're not my mom either so why can you stop me from having all the fun?" Les whines, reaching irritably for the slingshot in his brother's hands.

"I'm not being a killjoy. I'm saving your life and everyone else's," Davey replies before handing the slingshot to Snipeshooter and Finch. "Please use this responsibly and don't let him have it at any cost," he begs of the other two Newsies who shoot him mischievous looks.

"Don't count on it, Davey," Snipeshooter says with a slight giggle. Davey sighs before wandering off to go talk to Jack. Jack is sitting out on the fire escape and drawing something with a ferocity that Davey has seen often and recognizes it as Jack experiencing some passionate emotion. He recalls it happening quite often during the strike. Jack's tongue pokes out of the side of his mouth as he draws, his eyes completely focused on his work. Davey reaches out to poke him and Jack whirls around and shouts,

"Please don't!! This is gonna be hard enough already!" Davey stares at him for a minute, blinking at the Newsie leader extremely confused by his actions. Jack merely blinks back before saying casually, "Oh hi there, Davey."

"Are you okay? You look kind of upset," Davey starts, really not wanting to upset Jack further. He tries to peek at Jack's drawing but Jack yanks it to his chest.

"Nu uh. Youse ain't looking at this," he demands with the tiniest of whine in his voice to make him sound more like a child than the Newsie leader that he is.

"Oh come on, Jack. You're not going to be able to hide that for the next month. Someone's going to find it," Davey attempts to persuade him, "You might as well just show me now while that's in your control."

"You're just gonna think it's crazy," Jack mumbles back, pulling his Newsie cap further onto his head to avoid Davey.

"No. I'm not. I believe that there is a perfectly logical explanation for this....even if I go through some trials before arriving at my explanation," Davey explains optimistically.