Brothers Of the Battlefield

Newsies and Wonder Woman Crossover Oneshot. This does not fit in with the timeline that is kind of a part of this book and this is a teaser (sort of) for my book that is still in the process of being pre-written. This also does fit with any scene from either Newsies or Wonder Woman. I am using the Wonder Woman 2017 characters for this oneshot. and this one is kind for the two of you. I hope you both enjoy it. Violence warning: This is a WWI story. Nothing is gory but people do die in this one.

KABOOM!!!!!

The explosion roars inches away from Captain Steve Trevor's head. Never in his life would he see himself here. World War I was not something to be messed with by any means. And yet here he was, playing spy, which had become one of his favorite past times. There was something thrilling about looking at both sides of the war and helping one side, but not the other. Suddenly, a plane roars over ahead. "Just on schedule!" Steve thinks to himself and continues weaving through the bullets whizzing by him. The Germans begin shooting at the plane but, the pilot is an expert. Steve has trained him well. The pilot flies over the battlefield and towards a forest.  Steve runs off in the direction that the plane has flown. After running for a short time, Steve spots the plane. The pilot throws open the door and jumps out.

"Kelly, I have never been so happy to see you!" Steve says and Jack Kelly smiles at Steve.

"Yeah, it's good to see you too, Trevor," Jack says and the two men shake hands. Suddenly, the sound of machine gun fire rips through the peaceful forest and the two men quickly run behind the plane.

"Did you see Diana anywhere?" Steve whispers to Jack and he shakes his head.

"No, heard about her though. She's a mystery that everyone in the office was talking about in New York," Jack replies and eventually the machine gun fire hits something metal. Jack and Steve peek out from behind the plane to see Diana, blocking the bullets with her shield and huddling most of the way behind it. She sees Steve and Jack and waves them out.

"Go, I will take care of them," She says in a low voice and Jack and Steve start to sneak away. Until Steve can feel the end of the gun against his cheek. Diana sees this and abandons the man shooting the machine gun. She loops her lasso around the edge of the gun and pulls it away from Steve's cheek. Diana pulls it so strongly that the gun flies off into the trees somewhere. The soldier suddenly looks nervous. Steve throws a punch and the German falls back into the brush unconscious.

"You didn't teach me that in my training!" Jack whines and Steve rolls his eyes.

"You have had training?" Diana asks and Jack nods. He spits into his hand and holds it out to Diana.

"The name's Jack Kelly," Jack says and Diana stares at his hand, soiled in spit.

"What disgusting rituals that men have created," Diana replies and Jack's face turns a bright red with embarrassment.

"Scuse me," He mutters apologetically and wipes his hand onto his pants before offering it out again. Diana smiles at him this time and shakes it.

"That is better. My name is Diana. I am a princess but Steve said my name was Diana Prince. Now, I am very confused," Diana says and Jack thinks on his feet.

"Your last name is Diana Prince, Diana. I know you are a princess," Steve responds and Diana smiles at him.

"Good," She says and then runs off in the direction of the battlefield.

"Diana!" Both men shout and they run off after her. Diana leaps out into the middle of a full scale battle. She blocks bullets with her wristlets and starts charging at the men. Diana tosses their guns out of their hands and knocks them unconscious. Jack and Steve run out of the woods and see unconscious men lying everywhere.