Epilogue

I knew you. Your heartbeat on the High Line once in twenty lifetimes
5 Years Later
Taylor Swift's Point of View
Happiness, I like that word. I used to hate it because I didn't have it. I think there's people in the world who hate certain things because they don't know how to obtain it themselves. I think I've finally learned how to obtain happiness. I have the life I've wanted, something I thought I wouldn't get. I didn't think I was worthy of it and the world was against me. Apparently not. I got my happy ending. I've left my old life and started a new one. They say I've disappeared but truthfully, I just became happy.

"Violet, be careful!" I yell. She's running around the yard, chasing our dog. I've never been a fan of dogs but Violet loves them. She wanted one and I let her name it herself which I'm not sure was a greatest idea because she named it Ice Cream. She ignores my comment and continues to run around like a wild horse.

"She's gonna hurt herself." I say to Joe who is sitting next to me on the porch.

"You're just overprotective. Let her have fun" Almost on cue I see her trip over a pinecone. She falls to the ground and begins to cry.

"I told you!" I tell Joe and walk over to Violet who is sobbing.

"My leg is ouchy!" She cries out.

"Come here. Let's go clean up your boo-boo." I pick her up and take her into the living room. She has a small cut on her knee from something on the ground. I walk over to the medication cabinet and get a bandaid and a wet cloth to clean the wound. I rub the cloth on her knee and put on a bandaid.

"All better." I grin and look up at her face.

"You didn't kiss it. Kisses fix boo-boos." Violet says wiping her tears.

I chuckle slightly and kiss the bandaid. "There, you're all good now."

"Thank you mommy!" Violet jumps off the chair and walks into the living room. She lays down next to Meredith and looks at her with her hands under her chin and elbows on the couch.

"Be careful with Meredith. She's very old." God time passes so quickly. It feels like yesterday I got her but now she's 15 years old, living out her last years. All she does is sleep all the time and get mad when I go near her. Meredith has never loved me too much.
Violet sits up and picks up Meredith and puts her in her lap.

"Oh god no." I quietly say. This can only end poorly because Meredith hates everyone. To my surprise all Meredith does is purr. She turns over on her back so Violet can pet her stomach. What the hell? Why does the cat hate me but love my daughter. This isn't fair...I move over and sit next to Violet. This action causes Meredith to jump away. I sigh and roll my eyes but Violet laughs.

"Kitty doesn't like you." She exclaims.

"I know. She loves you though." I run my hand on the top of her head.

"Mommy, you're messing up my hair." Her hair is beautiful. It's a bright blonde like what I had when I was young. I stop messing with her hair and kiss her on the top of her head.

"Mommy, I'm tired. I want to nap."

"Okay. Let's go into your room." I lead her into her room and she jumps in her bed with her day clothes still on. I proceed to put the blanket on top of her and turn her lamp off.

"Can you sing to me?" She asks.

"Sure. What song do you want? One by me?"

"I want Elton John."

"I see Daddy has educated you on Elton John."

"Yeah! Sing me the sun one."

"Don't let the sun go down on me?"