Jade

Cat and mouse for a month or two or three
3 months later; present time
Taylor Swift's Point of View
I lay down on the hospital bed in the OB/GYN section. I wait for my doctor and Joe is next to me in the room and he slightly paces.

"What's wrong?" I ask.

"Nothing...I'm just worried. This has already ended poorly before and I don't want it to happen again." He tells me. He wanted an abortion a few months ago but now he already loves this baby and is afraid to loose it.

"It'll be fine. We just got to have faith it will be okay."

"Taylor, my amount of faith won't change the outcome."

"I know but life sucks when you're anxious 24/7."

"You're right. I need to calm down."

"Oh my god I thought I'd never hear those words. Repeat that to me please."

"You're right...." He says quietly which causes me to giggle.

Joe and I continue to banter until Callie comes into the room aka our doctor. I'm surprised she hasn't left me to a different doctor as I've been slightly abusive to her verbally.

"Gosh this is taking forever." I sigh.

"She'll be here any second." Right when he says that, on cue she shows up in the room. This time, with no smile, it's a blank expression. No iconic Calliope grin.

"Let's get this over with." She says with a small groan. She proceeds to sit next to me as she has for every time I see her.

"Your seem sad, you're not smiling." I comment a lot on her expressions I think. You can tell a lot about a person by analyzing their body language.

"It's nothing. I'm fine." She smiles but it's forced, faked.

"Come on, tell meeeeeeee. You can't let a pregnant woman down." I beg.

"It's because you're my most problematic patient! You piss me off. You know the risks of being pregnant, proceed to somehow get knocked up and then are mad when you miscarry. Then you freaking blame it on me!" I have snapped before but I have never seen someone snap like this. The pure anger radiating from her and frustration leaks from her insides.

"Oh..."

"God I'm sorry. That was unprofessional of me. I'll just shut up now." She looks down as she tries to not look at me.

"It's okay, you're right...do you have any kids?"

"Why are you so interested in my personal life?" She looks at me but this time is a calm tone.

"Uh...I mean, you have to deal with me a lot. Might as well get to know you."

"I'm your doctor, not you BFF."

"Damn okay..." I say.

She sighs again and picks up her head from the floor. "I have two kids. Thomas and Danielle. Thomas is five and Danielle is three. Thomas is named after my deceased dad. My kids, they're my entire life. My husband left and didn't look back. Didn't even say goodbye to them. It's why I don't like talking about them very much. It's just me but I'm fine because I love them so much and just want to make them happy." She begins to ramble. It's like she's never gotten any of this crap off her chest.

"I'm sorry for what's happened to you..."

"Your sympathy is useless but I appreciate it."

Maybe I opened a jar I shouldn't have. "Sorry for asking."

"It's fine, let's just get started. Okay?"

"Sounds great." I smile to make up for her lost smile. She squirts some gel on my abdomen and puts the wand on as well. This time when she looks, she grins instead of having a faded smile.

"Is the baby okay?" I ask.

"Perfect, they're completely healthy. No issues at all. Very strong heartbeat...this is a perfect baby." Callie informs us.

"Really?" Joe asks.

"Yep. It's a beautiful baby. Would you like to know the gender?"

I shake my head softly. "No we don't. We want to be surprised."

"Well, here's a picture of your baby. I'm gonna leave the room now."

I take the black and white picture from her and watch her leave.

"This might actually work out." Joe says.

"I know. This is amazing. I just need to hold out a little longer. Nine more weeks." I exclaim.

"Nine more weeks."

"I've never been able to seen one of our babies alive before. It's a great feeling."

"Tay, I wanted to ask you something. I didn't know when to ask but now that it seems like it'll work out..."

"Oh god are you gonna ask me to marry you again?"

"No, no, no."

"So now you're saying I'm not marriage material."

"I was going to ask if we wanted to move back in with each other!" Joe slightly yells.

"Oh...."

"We've been spending a lot of time together and I think when the baby comes, it would be easier if we were in the same place."

"Okay."

"Like okay you're agreeing with me or okay to move in?"

"Move in with me. It'll be great. You need to stop staying at that damn motel anyway. It's no place to raise a kid."

"Sounds great."

"So, we're really going to do this?"

"Yeah but I ain't helping you move. I already got too much to worry about this baby, I don't want to mess it up with heavy lifting."

"Sounds like an excuse to not help me."

"Maybe."

"Fine you don't have to help me. I want to keep that baby safe as well."

"Thank you. How about we hang this on the fridge?" I hold up the picture from the sonogram so it's close to his face.

"Yeah. So we can see them every day."

"Yeah." I smile softly.

"Let's get going." Joe grabs my hand to help me down.

For some reason he's been a decent human lately and I'm not sure how he's changed. I like it though. It reminds me of the Joe I used to have. My lover.

————————
Author's Note:
I updated! I know it's kind of a surprise as it usually takes me longer to update.

I listened to Folklore and I LOVEEE it. Exile and August are my favorites.

The book is coming close to an end! I think there's four more chapters left.