"Seems too short of a time to make our last moments," I say quietly.

"It's not our last moments. We will have more. Don't be so negative, Chris. It's not like one of us is dying. It's just a different country." He heard me. I guess he's right. But how will we know that the other isn't dying if we aren't minutes away from each other. "Believe in me, Chris. Don't you trust me?"

"Of course I do," I answered without even questioning it. "It's just gonna be different after always being near you in some way for these past years."

"True. It'll be hard at first but we'll get use to it," he says trying to reassure me. I nod and keep quiet.

After about twenty minutes after we exited the freeway and are about to pull into an In-N-Out. He parks the car and we get out the car as he locks it. We walk side by side towards the entrance and fall in line.

"What should we do after this?" I ask as we wait for our turn.

"Mmmm. We can go to the beach. I know we keep going back and forth but the weather is great today," he suggests gesturing out the window to the sunny and clear sky. I nod my head agreeing to do anything he wants. It's our turn and we step up to the counter. "Hi, two double doubles, one with no tomatoes and grilled onions, an order of fries and two drinks."

"Is that all?" The cashier asks us. We nod and I hand the card to her. She slides the card and hands it back to me. "Your number will be seven."

"Okay, thank you," I tell her and glance at Mark who already has a smirk. We walk away and I jump happily. "Yay! I've never gotten seven before! We came just in time. They probably just restarted their numbers. And right before lunch rush too!"

"What luck," he says taking a seat by the window.

"I know right? What other luck can I have today- oh my god." I flinched as I felt something wet and cold touch my back.

"Oh I'm sorry. Mark! I didn't see you there! How are you?"

Of course. Of course she comes right when I say that. Amber, the girl who hates my guts and messes with me as much as she can. She doesn't even talk to Mark. What luck? Same sentence different connotation. She just knows exactly how to ruin my day.

"Oh my gosh! Christine are you okay? Wait here let me go ask for some towels," he says ignoring her questioning getting up quickly and returning quickly to wipe my neck and back as much as he could. "Let's go to the restroom."

I walk awkwardly as the touch of a wet shirt to skin is not the best feeling in the world. I glance at her and she scowls at me threateningly. I hurry to Mark's side and hold his arm. We enter the area of the bathroom and he takes off his flannel and hands it to me leaving him in a tank top.

"Change into this," he commands pushing me to the girls restroom taking my phone and wallet. I walk in entering a stall and lock the door. I clutch his shirt in between my legs and pull of my top and tank top together and hung it on the hook for bags and slipped on his flannel. I tucked in the front to show my shorts since it was much longer than them. I took my clothes off the hook and stepped out of the stall and went to the sink to wring out my shirt of the liquid. My back was still a bit damp and sticky. Lucky for my my hair is up in a ponytail so only the ends got hit. I grabbed my hair and put it under the water and wrung it out so it won't become hard from the drink. I took some paper towels and wiped my hair. I took more and tried to get my back but it was hard. I walked out of the restroom to see him waiting with the bag of food and our drinks.

Without a word he gestures me to walk ahead and he quickly follows. I grab my drink from him and he uses that hand to put on my hip protectively. I look around and I don't see Amber. Where'd she go?