Chapter 8: Spring Song I

Rin was dusting off a few of the books in the Tohsaka Residence Study. The sun peaking in through the room's curtains, providing ample light.

The study was quite large, many bookshelves lining the walls, as the main desk sit in front of the windows.

Rin remembered when her Father used to sit here, pondering over papers at the late hours. Now, she was dusting off the study, trying to reclaim her Family's honor through the war.

Rin's aqua eyes gazing upon some books here and there while she cleaned up the space while reorganizing the shelves to her liking. There were books on history, legends, or myths.

"Master?" The voice of her begrudging servant spoke up as he appeared out of spirit form.

Archer's larger stature from Rin already setting a presence, as his red and black attire was something else.

"Yes Archer?" Rin turns her head wondering what he needed.

Archer sighs, "I finished looking into the new Saber and her Master, as you requested."

"And?" Rin made a gesture wanting him to speed along while she sat down at her father's desk.

"The new Saber is quite brash and hot-headed as we saw at the Church a few days ago. She's stubborn individual in combat, and her brutish resolve could be her downfall. Last night, she joined forces with Lancer to fight against a newly arrived servant that was breaking the ceasefire."

Rin took mental note of that breaking of the ceasefire, her hands clasped together as she was thinking upon the information, "I trust you can make swift work if we play the cards right Archer."

"Indeed. Saber's Master on the other hand, is naive and young. We could kill him and be rid of the Saber faster." Archer crosses his arms starring out the window to the rising sun, "The possibility also opens of exploiting the saber's brute nature makes her an easy way to her lure away then rid the Master in matter seem fit."

"All possibilities." Rin grabbed her nearby glass of water, "So, tell me of this new lancer? What about them?" She started to drink.

"The original blue Lancer, the one we encountered at the high school, seems to know the new lancer. If we figure out either's identity, it would be beneficial. In regards to the identities of either's Master, that is unknown."

Rin places down her drink, "We'll have to bid out time in this war once the ceasefire is over. There are too many servants appearing for me to have any sort of plan ready."

Archer can only nod as he did not have much say anyway, Rin had used up a damn command spell weeks ago on a very broad order.

"Absolute obedience to anything I say!"

Rin's words still echoed through Archer's ears, he did not remember his Rin to have been so brash but maybe she was. It made Archer mentally chuckle.

Archer peers to the bookshelves as he had seen Rin dusting them off and rearranging some of the books. He walked over and pulled one out. The book was an overview guide to Greek Mythology. There was quite an elaborate enrgaving of different greek mythological creatures.

Archer flipped through a few of the pages of the book as nothing caught his interest causing him to close the book then set it back on the shelf.

Rin was just gazing out the study's window, looking to the rising sun, dawn had just broken around half an hour ago, so most of the day was still ahead for both of them.

Archer found himself being reminded on times ago, and questions as to why he was here, possibly a cruel joke. But, it did not matter at the moment, he remembered what he needed to ask.