Chapter 28: The Rebellious Knight

Mordred had been overtaken by rage. Nothing was going to stop her from winning this fight.
Her left arm was taken by Gae Bolg only moments ago--the wound still fresh as her armor was soaked in her own crimson. But, the loss of a limb and the pain held no sway on Mordred's resolve. Her mana only flaring higher, and becoming overcharged to unprecedented scale.

The Saber's oppotent, Scathach, growled beneath her breath. Some blood seeping out from the Queen's lips, deep crimson with black strings. Her armor pulsing with a similar mixture with additional hints of violet energy infusing throughout.

Scathach held her blade tight and at the ready, no amount of the Grail's torment upon her mind or body would hinder her. She once lived for the same thrill that was keeping Mordred going. However, Scathach's pursuit was different, she was heading from one fight to another, searching for the one that may grant her existence a meaningful end but it never came. But here and now, the Queen felt something within her, a new found drive.

Surrounding the two warriors was the destruction of their previous engagement and the ongoing transformation of the land caused by their conflict's entire source. A soulless void hole which carved into Reality still oozing out a black substance which tainted the earth itself. An apocalypitc background fitting to the decisive battle of the War. Unknown to the two that there were still some others about, whom just played their time all along but they were preoccupied by a certain King, whom pressed on despite an unfortunate setback, still clamoring on to what she had left.

Scathach gritted her teeth as her skin paled, black viens scaling further up her neck but she would not be driven to such infernal depths of the twisted grial yet...

not yet.

Her drive and her only wish had yet to he fulfilled!

A silence had settled for awhile between the two servants.

Not a slight hint of movement occurred between them as trees were aflame and the low eerie hum sounding the consumption of the earth continued.

Finally, the Saber of Red took initiave.

The two servants connected with one another's stare, a mutual smirk lining their lips.

Mordred went forward and leapt into battle without a second thought. Clarent came clashing down upon the violet blade of the Queen's. An array of color vibrating from the immediate clash illumanting the landscape for miles. Even without an arm, Mordred's strength was not lost, perhaps even heightened to greater limits due to her bloodlust and the extreme expending of mana in her berserker like state of mind.

Scathach held her blade tightly, defending against the powerful might of the enraged knight. Their weapons scraping one another as the force was sending out waves of chaotic mana devastating the nearby landscape. Rocks and gravel being sent out as they were creating a crater.

The levels of energy being produced could be felt by even an novice magus back in the city as Scathach and Mordred continued their heated bladelock. The Knight of Camelot starting to expend her fury into Clarent causing it to spark a vibrant red, crackling with lightning. Scathach was doing something similiar as her blade beamed a brighter violet, becoming a little more chaotic in its shape as some of the grial's corruption was being redirected into the blade's energy.

Both warriors pushed against one another as soon, the energy was so much it caused a massive reaction of concetrated mana resulting in a massive blast at the point of origin, being the weaponlock. Said blast sent both servants flying away from one another completely destroying the earth around them into nothing, it left a massive crater.

Mordred flipped midair to reorientate herselfn landing smoothly and skidding across the ground. She coughed trying to see through the thick cloud of dust which had been kicked up. Her eyes darting about for signs of the crimson eyed woman soon spotting a violent hue moving quite fast in the smoke, it then went down and then up like she had jumped with immense speed as it went closer.