Chapter 31: A Knight's Heart II

Mordred cracked her shoulders, a sigh escaping her lips. Her new artificial arm was intangled with crimson lightning while she a small flourish before resting Clarent upon her shoulder.

Knight of Red took a few moments to gauge the situation before deciding on a course of action and strategy against the Void Creature that was once Gilgamesh.

If she could catch the Void Creature off guard, then a potent mana blast from Clarent would be more than enough to destroy the thing's form in one go. This was not possible in the previous confrontation due to Mordred's missing arm. Clarent was a incredibly difficult weapon to control, and manevuring such a beast of a weapon with only one hand was a feat in itself.

Mordred in her lifetime had developed a particular style of fighting; mana bursting, where the user infused their weapons with magical energy then instantly dispelling said energy upon contact. Her Father shared this fighting style, but Mordred had created a more chaotic and potent form rather than her Father's concentrated form.

This technique's logic could also be applied to increasing the speed of the user's body, but there came a limit to that. Increasing speed up to a certain point would start creating a tunnel vision effect upon the user which is why Mordred never fully used the technique to its absolute peak potential. The user would become incredibly vulnerable to counterattacks the faster they became as your momentum was impossible to control causing you to sped off in a straight line and most attacks would be instantly fatal due to this. Mordred had found a good balance between speed and maneuverability with the speed technique so she never pushed the boundary much, despite various theories some of the more intelligent Knights had about her fighting especially Sir Bedivere's ideas.

But Mordred could not dwell long as she decided that it would be best to get a clear and decent enough opening to blast the creature in one go.

This was going to require tons of mana as Mordred's glare turned off in the distance in the direction of (F/n).

"Master, I'm going to expend a lot of mana. I just need one good strike in to pulverize this bastard in a single go."

(F/n) had blood leaking from his nose slowly then his left eye had a tear of blood. "I understand-agh!" His voice failing for a moment as the influx of mana was intense causing another tear of blood except in his right eye.

It took much to weave it together and transfer the potent fey magic effectively to Mordred.

Mordred was gravely concerned about her Master's well-being but she had to move past and focus on the fight ahead, "Don't die on me. Just do your best. Stop if you must, I can carry our fight own by myself."

"Im fine... I can work through this." (F/n) gritted his teeth as keeping his hands together was always a mundane and thoughtless process, but it suddenly became the hardest task. Potency of mana which was coursing through his body was enough to kill most experienced magus and his magical circuits were nearing a point of frying out, but Avalon was working overtime healing the damage.

What was happening within (F/n)'s body was complicated. He was on the verge of death without even realizing this, the potency and foreign fey magic was actively killing (F/n) as his body has never experienced it on a smaller and consistent basis to grow accustomed. The influx of large and potent amount caused his magical circuits to almost overclock to their limits and fixing the damage all in one go was due to Avalon's assistance.

Silence had settled across the scarred land surrounding the two combatants. Their eyes connecting across their field of battle as they made ready.

Crimson sky illuminated the hellish landscape giving this final duel quite the spectacle. The hole in the sky had grown slightly as it was the beating heart of the madness.