Carnival

Multiple things were happening at the same time, it became hard to keep track. First, my sister showed up and shook every single one of us to our core. Especially when she crushed the cigarette under her heel - I wish I had thought of that. Because I had decided to stay with Kenickie and nurse him back to health, the Pink Ladies were the ones to help Sandy get ready for today. Her look was a total surprise to me.

Zuko had followed her off like a lost puppy the second she commanded him too. And seeing him in his preppy outfit was a good laugh just like I thought it would be.

Then, I came face to face with Rizzo for the first time sense the trailer incident. I sucked in a breath as she approached me, with her little clique following her lead. She got directly into my face, and I thought she was going to hit me. Instead, she blew a bubble and it hit my nose.

It was meant to intimidate me, but instead I stifled a laugh. 

"You're done here", Kenickie said, throwing his arm between us and moving her back forcefully. I let out the smallest breath of relief as I felt my shoulders lighten under his protection.

Rizzo scoffed as if she had never heard anything more ridiculous. "I've got myself someone better", She said backing up as she pulled down one of her twirls and fondled it. I could see she was trying to look sexy, so I checked to see Kenickies face.

Luckily, he wasn't even look at her, he was looking at me. "Lets... just go", I awkwardly said to him, pulling him away and towards a cotton candy station.

I would avoid Rizzo for as long as I needed too. I know in her mind I stole her boyfriend, but it's just not worth arguing about. No matter how much I cared for Kenickie, I would never tear myself apart trying to win him.

As I pulled pieces of candy from the cloudy ball I ordered, he put his arm around me and kissed my neck. That action alone sent heat through my body at an alarming rate, but on the outside I kept it cool.

"Zuko told me you called Scarface", he sniffed, trying to look nonchalant.

I stopped eating suddenly and pushed his arm away from me. "Is there a problem?" I questioned. It felt nice to stand my ground. A phone call was nothing to be worried about.

Kenickie looked like he wanted to argue, but he just shook his head. "Just wondering what you talked about."

"None of your business." I almost threw my snack in a frustrated rage. He just couldn't let it go. I wanted Leo in my life. I refuse to choose because it's the 50's and I can have both.

"God dammit", he shouted. He grabbed a fist full of hair before turning around to punch a tree. He kept going and I was nervous his knuckles were going to start bleeding if I didn't stop him.

"Stop it", I sighed as I tried pulling him away by the collar of his shirt.

"No", he exploded, pulling himself away from me. "You don't get it. Why can't you just understand that I'm jealous. Did you want to hear me say it out loud? You're my girlfriend and I'm jealous because you're supposed to be mine and I don't know how to share."

I blinked in surprise as everything fell into place. Sure they always hated one another, but the feud grew stronger once I was introduced. The way Kenickie punched Leo was what stuck out to me the most. And I never even explained why it happened. He must just think I kissed him out of my own free will.

And getting possessive that night at the bonfire. And when Rizzo told Kenickie that Leo dropped me off at home. He must feel awful every time I'm with him, thinking I want to be with the Scorpions instead of the T-Birds.

But no fondness of Leo could ever outside her love for Kenickie. "I didn't- I didn't realize".

"How would you feel if I just kept kickin' it with Rizzo, huh? Because that's the exact way you make me feel constantly", he confessed.