Lets ride

Doody jumped into the passenger seat right as Kenickie got out to kiss me. I had braced for impact and got a butterfly feeling in my stomach, but it wasn't satisfied.

He had shot back around to pull Doody from the car - probably because he was covered in grease and the car had white leather seats- but Doody pushed the door closed on Kenickies fingers.

He'd cried out and doubled over in pain, and that's when shit really hit the fan. Kenickie doubled over, and right as he did, Doody swung the door open and hit him in the head. It effectively took him out, putting him back down on the ground, barely conscious.  

"Holy-", I cried out, rushing to the floor to cradle his head. Zuko was by my side faster than anybody else, shaking him and telling him to get up. "He can't", I snapped.

Zuko kept shaking him, "he ain't got no choice, the race is about to start".

"Then you do it", I fired back. Kenickie whined in my arms. 

"Kenickie?" Zuko asked, looking down for permission. I'm sure it hurt him to nod, not only physically but mentally, but he did it, then closed his eyes. Zuko rose up, still unsure. 

"I'll win it", he promised Kenickie. 

There was nothing left to discuss, so I got Putzie and Sonny to help me pull him away from the car. We all sat him in my lap with the perfect view of the track. From where we were, we could see the beginning and end of the race. I wished we could've gone higher so he could see the whole thing, but I didn't want to risk it. 

Together we watched Cha Cha throw up her scarf, which signaled the start of the race. Both Zuko and Leo sped off in a cloud of dust, leaving us all with the excitement of what was to come.

When they were both gone, I started to worry. I'd have to spend the rest of my life rooting for the both of them. I'd never be able to cheer to loud for one and not loud enough for the other. Part of me was nervous I'd slip up and ruin everything, but the other part of me was glad for the separation.

Everyone had different sides of themselves depending on who they were with, but with the T-Birds and with Leo, I liked both versions of myself. I could be fearless and scared at the same time. I always had the ability to reinvent myself and stay true to who I was as the same time. I couldn't ask for anything more.

Kenickie moaned from the ground, pulling me out of my thoughts. I set my hand on his cheek to comfort him and rubbed over his jaw until I made my way to his lips. Without really thinking, I traced over his mouth, slowly sticking the tip of by thumb in before pulling it out and rubbing down his jaw again. 

"Cynthia", he groaned from underneath me. His felt hand swung up and gripped my shoulder. Feeling how strong he was made me want to lean into him more, but I knew I needed to be the one with self control here. 

"Stop, you need to slow down", I whispered into his ear. 

"But you feel good. Warm", he whined, using his hand to try to grab me tighter. 

I did my best to distract him. "You don't want to miss watching Zuko win, right?"

Kenickie paused, unsure of what was more important. Watching his best friend beat his enemy, or moving his hand lower. 

A rough outline of an idea popped into my head, so I followed the path my new self would take. "If Danny wins...", I started. I whispered the rest into his ear, smirking while I did it because I knew exactly what his reaction would be. 

"Yeah?" I bargained, once I finished teasing him. 

Kenickie tried to sit up, but he just ended up putting more pressure on me. I didn't mind though, I thought it was cute.