Summer Lovin'

"This here is Sandy and Cynthia Olssen, they just moved here from Sydney Australia", Frenchy said while making everyone scoot over for us. We both sat down, squishing together as to not impose any more then we already were. "This is Rizzo, Marty, and Jan", she said pointing to each girl. They all smiled slightly before going back to their conversations.

I noticed the girls all had matching pink jackets, it was really cute. Pink is my least favorite color, but I wouldn't actually mind wearing that jacket. Soon enough, the girls all began talking about what they did over the summer so I tuned out, not really caring.

I sat silently enjoying the sun, until Rizzo asked what Sandy had done over the summer. I immediately knew she would bring up Danny. Choosing not to sit through her sappy retelling of her summer romance, I excused myself and went to go look around.

I found myself wandering towards the football field, not really sure what I was planning on doing. A few guys were running track, so I'd decided to sit on the bleachers and watch until lunch ended. I wasn't particularly interested in running for sport, but it was something to do.

"Hey, uh Kenickie, you want a piece of salami?" a familiar voice said behind me.

I heard a scoff, "are you kidding? If I eat that, I'll smell like you", the guy fired back. The boys made a lot of noise behind me, ruining my peaceful, Sandy free lunch.

I finally turned around. "Would you please be quiet", I shouted at all of them before even looking at their faces. Once I realized who they were I grew red in the face. It was the loud group of boys from earlier.

Danny just laughed, "how bout' you come sit with us instead of sittin' there lookin' sorry", he countered. I definitely didn't expect him to invite me over, I assumed he would've made a snarky comment back. Maybe these boys weren't as mean as I'd originally thought.

"Seriously man, this chick", a guy I didn't recognize said in a disappointed voice. This must've been Kenickie, the man I was desperate not to meet.

Danny put his hand out, "cool it, Frenchy likes her", he said. I wondered what she had to do with this and why Frenchy liking me was dependent on if I could sit with them or not. I didn't ask, I could see that Kenickie didn't want me there which made me want to sit with him even more.

I smiled directly at Kenickie, "I guess I could sit for a spell", I said innocently. He just glared back at me and flicked his shades down. I sat next to the blonde one, Putzie I think.

"Hey I want to hear what Danny did at the beach", one of the guys said. It was hard to remember all there names, but I'd figure it out later.

Danny smiled, "It was nothin", he said shrugging as if he wanted them to ask more questions.

All the boys started laughing, saying things like, "you got in her drawers right", and, "yeah, tell us about that girl". It didn't take much before Danny gave in, going into detail about the girl, and I couldn't help but think he was describing my sister.

I listened intently for a name, but he never gave one. I waited patiently until the bell rang, making the boys jump up and scatter, some going to class and some ditching.

I ran after Danny, wanting to ask him questions for my own sanity. I'd go insane if I even thought this was a possibility. "Hey Zuko", I breathed pulling his arm back.

He swung back, popping his collar, "walk and talk Cynthia, walk and talk".

"Whats the name of the girl from your story?" I asked deciding to cut to the chase.

Danny snickered, "ain't no story. Besides, whats it to you?".

I walked his pace as we entered the school, "just making conversation, anyways, what was her name", I pressed trying to sound casual.

He stopped in the halls, walking to the side slightly, "Sandy", he said softly.

I couldn't believe it- the boy my sister had been obsessed with all summer goes to the same school as her and she doesn't even know it. But then I thought, I can't ever tell her. After Danny just described my sister in such a sexual way, I wanted her nowhere near him.

I smacked him upside the head and stomped off. Boys think they can get away with everything. I know for a fact all the stuff Danny said wasn't true, but everybody would believe him over her if things spread around.