Chapter 1

Amber's POV

I'm done! I've asked almost everyone around here, and none of them told me how to go back to the gate!

They just keep assuming that it'll kill me if I tried crossing it!

I sighed as I started walking. I was super exhausted and I felt like I couldn't hold my eyelids anymore.

As I was I walking I bumped into a lady causing her to fall onto the floor.

"Oh my God! I'm so sorry! I didn't see you there" I gasped as I helped her up.

"It's ok darling,” she started giving me a warm smile, "but may I ask you, what are you doing alone at this time of night?"

"I-" I started not knowing what to tell her, would she believe me if I told her what actually happened?

I sighed.

"I'm lost..." I said awkwardly.

“Oh," she started looking around us "you seem young where are your parents?"

Now, I'm not going to tell her the truth, because all of the people whom I told them the actual truth gave me a hesitant look before walking away.

"I lived with a foster family away from here, but then they drove me here, threw me and walked away"

The lady gave me a look of sympathy.
"Oh, I'm so sorry,” she said, putting a strand of hair behind her ear, "my friend owns an orphanage, you know if you want me to take you there"

I gave her a smile before slowly nodding. "I'll be so happy if you did"

"Ok then follow me it’s not far from here" the lady said giving me a smile.

“Oh, by the way, what's your name? I'm Vanessa"

"Nice meeting you Vanessa I'm Amber"

“Wow, what a beautiful name you have Amber" she said, giving me a smile.

I smiled back as we walked for a few minutes, until I saw a sign that said "Moonlight Orphanage"

We walked in to be greeted by a really nice looking lady.

“Oh, hello there, welcome to Moonlight Orphanage, how may I help you today?" She asked beaming at us.

"Is Cassandra their?" Vanessa asked.

“Yeah, she is, give me a second I'll call her for you" the lady behind the counter said as she walked into a room.

A few mins later another woman came out who I assume is 'Cassandra'.

"Oh my god V! I miss you so much" Cassandra said as she hugged Vanessa.

They chit Chatted for a while until Vanessa introduced me to Cassandra.

"So Cass this is Amber, she's a girl that I found today, and she's an orphan" Vanessa started "is it ok if she stays at your orphanage?"

Cassandra gave me a smile before talking "of course I'd love to have such a beautiful girl like her in here"

I gave her a smile at the compliment.