2

Vrishali put on her cap and looked around. She saw tourists, men, women, and children. She opened her water bottle and took a sip of cold water.

"It's scorching," Gauravi exclaimed, mopping the sweat off her face. Deepash called his brother as they waited for the vehicle.

"Dad, are we going by taxi or?" Vrishali asked, not liking the sweat. Deepash turned to his daughter with a smile. He patted her cheek as Vrishali groaned.

"Gagan bhaiyya(brother) will send someone to pick us up." Vrishali is beautiful; she has her mother's features but her dad's thick eyebrows and eyelashes, for which she is grateful.

Her skin is brown compared to her cousins, who are fair in complexion. Vrishali never cared, though; she loved herself and her skin colour.

"Hardik bhaiyya (brother)!" Vrishali yelled happily as she watched her favourite cousin leave the car. Hardik chuckled when Vrishali made a run towards him.

"Vrishali! I missed you gudiya!" She was immediately enclosed with a hug. Hardik lived with them for nearly three years when he shifted to New York for his masters.

He shifted back last year. Hardik treated her like his own sister. They used to go out, play, watch movies, and bicker about the series's characters.

Hardik then greeted Vrishali's parents, Chacha and Chachi(uncle and aunt) to him. "Aadi can't wait to see you," Hardik said, and everyone laughed.

Aadi is Hardik's younger brother. "I can't wait to see Dada, dadi, Riddi, Aadi and everyone," Vrishali spoke, remembering everyone.

Hardik's parents love Vrishali. They are one of the best people. Vrishali only mingled with some people as she lives far away. But Gagan Taya (dad's elder brother/uncle) and Malini tai( taya's wife/ aunt) are close to her.

Vrishali's eyes widened in excitement as they reached the Samode Palace. All her uncles, aunts and their children live in Samode Palace.

"Wow! They renovated everything." Vrishali said. Her parents chuckled.

They were greeted by the palace staff, who welcomed them warmly. Vrishali couldn't wipe the smile off her face. The last time she visited India was when she was fourteen; now, she is twenty.

"Dadi!" Vrishali ran towards the old lady who stood among others with a massive smile.

"Awe, I see― you missed me." Vrishali hugged her tightly. She didn't see the glare thrown by her cousin Radhika and her mother.

Radhika looked away as the elderly of the house hugged their favourite grandchild. Radhika is the elder granddaughter of the house.

"I don't understand why sasu-ma(mother-in-law) called them. She could've called them at the time of the wedding." Simrita spoke, standing beside her daughter Radhika.