19

Padmanabh is signing the documents when Vijay walked in

"Good morning," Vijay said walking over to sit in the chair.

"Good morning." Padmanabh closed the documents and looked at Vijay.

"We checked the site, it will take around six months to finish the work. Almost three months for the renovations to be done inside and outside, another three months to construct the new borders and rooms" Vijay said opening the file.

"Minimalist design or you have your own choices?" Vijay asked.

"Have you seen the Roop palace, want to renovate Amal palace like Roop palace but some changes have to be done," Padmanabh said.

"You don't have any choices?"

"No, I need to visit the place. I will tell you once I get the ideas."

"Good, Harika made some plans but we will discuss them after your visit the place."

"Okay, see you later. Got some important meetings to attend," Vijay spoke closing his file.

"Hmm."

"You got any plans today?" Vijay asked.

"I will be going now to pick up Vrishali and to drop her at home."

"Why isn't she home?" Vijay asked.

"She went to her grandparents home and stayed over for two days."

"Oh, cool. If possible let's have dinner together. Tell Vrishali to join too," Vijay spoke.

"Hmm." Vijay left the room and Tarun entered the office with another set of files.

"These are the files from the accounting department," Tarun said placing the files on the table.

"I will go through the files once I'm back. Here, hand over these files to the management department," Padmanabh spoke handing the files he signed.

"You will be back by?"

"In an hour."

"We have a meeting with the purchase department in the afternoon," Tarun reminded Padmanabh.

"At two o clock," Tarun added.

"Okay." He unlocked his desk placing the new files Tarun brought inside.

Padmanabh stood up with his phone and car keys. Vrishali texted him a while ago to pick her up by eleven.

He thought she would be returning yesterday but she wanted to stay another day. Padmanabh told her that she can invite her cousins to stay over at their place.

By the time he reached Samode palace, he didn't see anyone. He parked his car, stepped out and made his way inside the palace. He texted Vrishali that he reached and is waiting for her in the living hall.