23

Vrishali smiled at her grandparents nodding her head

"I can't believe you are going back," Deepa Mewar spoke squeezing Vrishali's hand.

"She will be returning soon," Kalyan Mewar spoke.

Padmanabh stood a few feet away with his hands back as he looked at Vrishali talking with her grandparents.

The airport is busy with people leaving the city. The royal bodyguards are surrounding them keeping the public away from them.

Padmanabh couldn't pull his gaze away from Vrishali's face. Her thick eyebrows, her eyes, small nose...

Padmanabh can't explain how he is feeling, Vrishali ignored and didn't meet him after that night.

He tried to talk to her but she didn't see him at all. He waited for her in the dining room but Vrishali ate her meals in her room.

She is angry with him for what reason he doesn't know exactly. He thought she would be happy going back to New York but something doesn't seem right.

"Don't forget to call us okay?" Hardik said ruffling Vrishali's hair.

"Array, don't mess my hair," Vrishali pouted looking at Hardik. The only people who came to send off is her grandparents, Hardik and Padmanabh.

Manav, Aadi and Nandhini left yesterday because their tickets were booked. They were so shocked and surprised when Vrishali went to visit them yesterday.

They couldn't believe that Padmanabh understood and is sending her to New York.

No matter how much Vrishali tells herself that it's for the best and Padmanabh understood that's the reason he is sending her to New York, she can't believe it.

Diya Kumari's words kept ringing in her mind. Vrishali couldn't talk with Padmanabh knowing she would be saying something stupid.

She ignored him and stayed in her room most of the time packing her things. There isn't much to pack, she left all her jewellery and accessories in Padmanabh's room with a note to take care of them.

Vrishali doesn't know when she is going to return to India or if she ever returns or not.

'what if he fell in love with someone?'

'what if he always loved Harika and that's the reason he is sending her back to New York.'

'whatever Diya Kumari said on that day is that true?'

'doesn't Padmanabh really don't feel the attraction and bond between them?'

Vrishali shook her head exhaling heavily as many questions started playing in her head.

"What are you thinking?" Hardik asked.

"Nah, don't miss me okay?" Vrishali playfully asked Hardik.

Hardik smirked pinching Vrishali's cheeks. Vrishali tickled Hardik which made him laugh. Vrishali laughed hearing Hardik's laugh. Padmanabh couldn't help but feel bad.