He pointed at me, speaking to Mr. Lincoln with a nod of approval, "I like him. I like him a lot."

"What about me?" Anthien pretended to be wounded, his hands over his heart as he gave a pout, "Aren't I likable?"

"You're a waste of my breath," Castian snarled at him with bared canines, not wasting a moment to even look at Leville. His tone was warning enough, getting Anthien to back off. Castian gave me a happy grin as he wrapped an arm around my shoulder and tugged me to the armored truck, "I'll get ya packed up. I doubt a little pocket knife will do you any good this round. Our truck's over here."

Mr. Hayes handed us our change of clothing, Castian stripping out of his white tank top and slipping on a black one, tying his hair back. I wanted to suggest a long sleeve shirt but I bit my tongue and stripped down to my underwear, pulling out black pajama pants and a black long sleeve shirt.

I froze at Castian slipping a bulletproof vest over me, tightening it, and looking me over before getting on his knees and putting my knee pads on. My face felt warm at him doing this, Mr. Lincoln fighting a smile back as he watched. Castian basically took over getting me geared up, his hands removing pocket knives from his pouches and putting them in my pockets, "I already can tell you don't like guns so I'm not going to give you any. I hate them as well."

He fixed his bandana after we changed, packing two needles into each of our belts and handing me one of the masks as the sun started setting. Jax rolled up as I looked at my phone, "We have three hours to get those fireworks, and you guys out of here."

"Do I want to know," Jax looked at Mr. Lincoln who simply shook his head, motioning not to ask. We finished getting ready as they worked to place the fireworks where needed, fitting our masks over our faces as Mr. Hayes handed us earpieces and explained, "Damage proof. You'll each have one in case something goes wrong. Your masks will help you blend in."

***

Lunar's POV

"Not sure what buildings they'll be in, but Anthien and I never checked over here," Castian and I walked through the unchecked area, our earpieces on for the others to hear. He fixed his hair, pausing with hesitancy, "A rumor says you went to the Limbo 'cause of one of those things."

"It was cold," I shrugged, picking up a rock and flipping it around in my hand as I furrowed my eyebrows. Throwing it into the building, I continued when nothing happened, "I remember falling from the vent, I-I passed out from hitting my head... I woke up to Mr. Lincoln speaking but I didn't wake up in my body, I woke up in a dark place --- n-not like if you had your eyes closed."

I probably didn't make any sense. I probably sounded really stupid, but I wasn't sure how to explain my experience within the Limbo. I was still trying to process what happened if I'm being honest.

The couple houses we checked were empty as I clarified, "It was kinda like space but with a floor, dark like it is now. Stars were everywhere, a dim version of the Milky Way. But the stars...they were really small and you could touch them, like floating hot pebbles. Then everything became bright, like the sun, and got hot as well. When adjusting to it, I was standing next to where I fell and watching Mr. Lincoln doing CPR."

"That's what happens when you first wake up in Limbo. It means you had just left your body through your soul," Castian put his hands into his butt pockets, hesitant with his words like he had his own experience with such an event.

"A lady came out of nowhere, started explaining where I was because I was confused," I laughed a little bit, scuffing my shoe awkwardly, "She was really pretty. She had long, flowing curls of black hair... they led to her hips. She had perfect curves and a beautifully made white gown with gold jewelry and threading. Her eyes were sapphire and filled with kindness and love. She wore a golden elf tiara with large snow-white wings on her back, her wings had diamonds crystallized in the feathers making these stunning patterns. Her skin was so clean and pure, too."