Her movements were slow as her eyes went down to my hand letting go of her cuffs. She dropped her hand back to her side, turned on her heals then started walking away. She didn't raise her eyes to mine when she entered the elevator, while I watched her until it closed, before finally releasing the tears I've been holding.

When I was finally calm, I entered the door leading to my office and saw Yuri stand up from her table, apologizing for what happened earlier, which I brushed off easily because she didn't really do anything wrong.

I was spacing out the rest of the day, exhausted and miserable. Yuri probably even noticed it because the next day, she suggested for me to go home early if I'm not feeling well.

I took off early since I have no appointments that afternoon anymore, and went straight to my apartment.

Mom called me too, saying the investigation might take longer, making me feel much worse. I miss Dad terribly and I wish he was here to guide me as I run the company. I just wish one thing would at least go right in my life.

"Hey," Jisoo picked up her phone after three rings, her tone happy, "What's up Jendeuk?"

"Hi Jennie!" I heard Rosé's voice too.

"Oh, hi," I muttered, ashamed that I might be interrupting them.

"Is everything alright?" Jisoo suddenly sounded worried. She's good at sensing my emotions.

"Yeah, yeah, I just missed you," I tried to sound energetic, "You two on a date?"

She hummed, "I just picked her up, heading out for dinner. And I miss you too. Are you sure you're okay? Where are you?" she still sounded worried.

I smiled a little, "At home. And I'm okay, just missed your voice a little," I chuckled.

"Cheeseball," she teased, finally relieved of her worries. "Wanna hangout with us?"

"Yeah, join us!" I heard Rosé say.

"Oh no, no I don't want to interrupt you guys—"

"Nonsense!" Rosé answered.

"Really, besides I brought home some work to do. I just called to check on you guys," I told them.

"You're too busy," Jisoo sighed. "Make sure to eat well, okay? Call when you need us."

"You too," I replied. We said our goodbyes shortly then ended the call.

I washed up first and decided to skip dinner, crawling under my bed covers even though it's only 7PM.

I already had my eyes closed, though far from getting asleep, when my phone buzzed.

I checked it and saw Mino sent a message.

'I heard you were off early today. Are you not feeling well?'

I quickly typed a reply.

Just tired but i'm fine :)

I was about to lie back down on the bed when the doorbell rang this time. I sighed, getting up to open the door.

I looked through the peep hole first—my jaw falling agape when I saw Lisa looking right at the door, hands in her coat's pockets.

What is she doing here?

I took a sharp breath and composed myself. I suddenly regret washing up early because now I'm already wearing my dark blue silky PJ's.

Calm down Jennie.

I slowly opened the door, instantly meeting her eyes right before it raked down on my body.