Chapter 15

Chapter 15

Kara's POV

The Official throne room is something extremely amazing. The huge ball room like structure houses painting of all rulers. Ranging from my first ancestor to now my parents. At the other end of the room house three thrones. All made out of silver, marble, gold, and the family diamonds.

In the middle stood my father's Throne larger than the two meant for myself and mother. His own crown sat next to it on the right on a pillow and in a glass case. All of our formal crowns were in boxes next to our Throne. I sit down in his chair knowing that I will be sitting here in a matter of weeks ruling a planet I basically have no idea about. "Oh, father, mother, what am I to do?" I pray out towards the sky.

"Your majesty, Duchess Greta and Duchess Lilianna are requesting your presence." A maid announces before leaving me alone again.

Traveling out of the room, I feel myself becoming stronger and confident. "What will happen now?" I rudely ask walking into the busy kitchen and casual dinning area. Mrs Kingsley and Hilda seem to be cooking while Mister Kingsley, Christopher, Greta and Lily are on phones with papers scattered in front of them. Everyone seems to have a unison string that makes them all state up at me. "What am I to do next?" I ask not allowing the tears to trickle down my checks.

"We shall bury the majesties at the Royal cemetery and then read the Will. After that we shall follow the rules for when you take over as Queen." Greta informs me reading off a papers as if it was an itinerary. "What am I to do?" I simply ask focusing on the papers I front of Greta. Individual papers with headlines of funeral arrangements, and past arrangements for royalty. "We will need to have arrangements set. Tonight we will have to announce the deaths."

"Can we not do this right now? Can we not think about death?" I whisper to myself letting my tear drop onto the creme colored paper. "I know this is hard for you." Greta whispers, "Its hard for all of us, but we need to go on. You have a kingdom to rule now."

"Okay, I think this is enough now." Mrs. Kingsley interjects setting plates in front of each of us. "How about we go out tonight?" Lily asks picking up her turkey sandwich.

"Sorry, your highness, but that cant happen. Maybe once everything has settled, until then the Palace will have to be in a shutdown mode." Mr Kinglsey rejects Lily offer of going out. I'm not really in the mood to go out, not in the mood for anything at this moment. "Before too long you will have to make an official announcement."

"Just give me a few hours." I reply leaving the group to think my announcement and future plans over. "What am I to do?" I pray looking up at the stars that were painted on my ceiling a few weeks ago. Steadily, I get up slowly making my way to my closet. Picking out a random long sleeved black dress and leggings, I know that tonight will be cold just because fall will be starting soon. "Your majesty do you need help?" One of my maid ask bowing before taking towards me.

"I'm fine, thank you." I quickly dismiss her letting myself strip down to change. The dress hang tightly around my bust before a flattering into a 'skater skirt' a lace under neath peaks out the end of my skirt and sleeves, the black leggings hide my legs from the nipping cold. I place my black flats on my feet before running my hand through my hair and taking off my makeup. "Are you ready, Kara?" Mister Kingsley's comforting voice asks.

"Where am I to go?" I harden my emotions not wanting to be weak at this moment. "The balcony. Greta and Lily will be with you. Just remember to breath and to read the little announcement then once you are done walk back inside." Mister Kingsley instructs taking me to the double french doors that lead onto the balcony. Opening te door, I am greeted by the most haunting breeze that seems to whisper to me while crawling my pale skin. "PRINCESS KAROLINA!" The people yell in excitement while bowing showing respect. "Hello people of Planet X," I take a breath closely reading the card in my hands, "I am sadden to report that our majesties Carter and Alexandra Xavier have been murdered." I choke up reading the last part tears visibly running down my face. "As we all grieve for our majesties, a new leadership will become as I, Princess Karolina Rose Marie Xavier, will take upon the throne as the only heir to the Planet X." I wipe the tears on my face. "In this time, I would like for some privacy until I am able to come to terms. Until then all appearances and questions can go to Duchess Greta, Duchess Liliana, and/or Mister Kingsley. Thank you." I cry out sadly waving to the crowd before making my way back inside.

Behind the closed doors, I collapse in the arms of the nearest person crying into their chest as they hold me tightly. "Its okay, Kara." A smooth calm voice whispers putting small kisses in my hair and rubbing my back as my sobs become choking sounds. The arms carry me to my room, lightly putting me on the bed. I cant bring myself to talk or even look at the person. Burying my head into the pillows, i fall asleep.