Chapter 8

Chapter 8

Kara's POV

"Your names?" Mister Kingsley asks sticking his hand out for a shake. Oh my, what am I to tell him? That I snuck out of the castle with Lily. Yeah, that would be so intelligent.

"Hello, Mister Kingsley." I make my presence apparent not that I want to, but it's the good thing to do. I move the hat off my head, letting Mister Kingsley get the appearance that I am Kara.

"Princess? What are you doing here? Does your parents know?" Mister Kingsley interrogates me. Question after questions rolls out of his mouth. I look at Lily, she would help me in this like problem. At least I hope. 'Help' I mouth to her. She stands and leads Mister Kingsley off the boat to explain to him, better yet lie to him.

Within a few minutes, they step back onto the boat. "Princess, I am happy to have you and Liliana on board today. If there is anything my son and I could do to make you both comfortable, just let us know." Mister Kingsley precedes to go ahead and leave port for the cove. "What did you say to him?" I turn to ask Lily.

"What do you think I did?" She pauses before continuing. "I did what my lady Karolina would do. I lied." Lily speaks in a sarcastic tone to get her point across. I can't help it I'm a liar, I did learn from the best.

For the rest of the time, we stay silent. Taking in the beautiful crystal blue waters and the sea life that seems to peak out of the waters. Not to be greedy, but my kingdom is beautiful. We finally made it to the cover after what seemed to be an hour. "We are here, your highness-es." Mr. Kingsley announces coasting onto the beach part of the cove.

---

We spent hours and hours in that cove until our the radio a missing person report went out over about me and Lily. so we decided to go home, as quick as possible.Of course, we both got yelled at by multiple people but wasn't as bad as when mother and father ripped into us. Both of us were sent to our separate rooms and grounded until my coronation, which is most likely years from now.

---

Today was the day. No not the day of my ball, but the day of the dinner with Mister Kingsley. I cant be more excited over tonight because i finally get a chance to leave my room and see someone other than my maids. I'm also pretty darn nervous. This is my first formal business dinner and i am scared. "Your clothes, your highness." My maid says setting the white dress bag on my couch. Even though i cant talk or see Lily, she still has been able to make my outfits and design them. She also designed my mother's dress for the evening.

"You can be dismissed." I tell the young maid letting her back downstairs where the other maids for cleaning for the evening. I unzip the bag to see a simply white dress. It has no sparkle not nothing. Its just fabric. In the bag i also see a necklace, a wallet, and some shoes. And a note addressed to me.

Kara,

I'm so freaking nervous for tonight. I hope you like your outfit. I'll see you downstairs in an hour, we have a lot of catching up to do, lol.

Forever you best friend,

Lily.

p.s. I feel like we are in the stone age here, like why are we evening writing letters? We have cellphones for a reason.'

She is right but too bad being on Planet X means we have no cell service. They really should get a tower here. "Your highness, you have only two hours." My maid knocks on the door telling me.

"Thank you, for the warning." I politely say. I hate being mean to my staff, i don't like being mean to anyone in general. I quickly take a shower before changing.

The white dress hits me mid-thigh and the shoes are vintage little t-strap heels. Like the ones Sandy wears in Grease, when she going to the dance with Danny. Yeah, my favorite movie right there. The dress has capped sleeves and is just all around amazing. The necklace is my favorite, pearls. A cute little pearl necklace. "Its time, princess." My head maid tells me walking into the room. I grab my handbag ready to be escorted down the stairs where Lily would be waiting.

"LILY!" I yell running down the stairs where my best friend waits. "KARA!" We giggle as we hug each other as if we were to die tomorrow. "You like?" Lily says gesturing to her outfit then mine.

"They are both amazing." I compliment her. Lily's outfit are black skinny jeans, a sequence creme top, a white blazer and matching creme platform heels. "You look like a business woman. Are you sure, i am not the assistant?" We both laugh but straighten up once we hear my parents walking down.

"You both look excellent." My father compliments. His outfit is his normal suit and black tie. My mother's outfit on the other hand is a tight black business dress that going to her knees and up onto her shoulders. With her black pointed toe heels and dark purple almost black jewelry, you would think she was the evil queen or something.

"Your majesties, the Kingsley family is waiting in the formal dinning room." The head maid informs us. We follow the woman down the long hallway until we reach our destination.

"Your majesties, King and Queen of Planet X accompanied by Princess Karolina Rose Marie Xavier and Lilian Mae Nickalson-Sage, daughter of Crown Princess Greta Rose Sage." The royal room introducer shouts as we enter. You kind of get used to him after a while. We watch the Kingsley family stand to bow then we return with a head nod before taking our seats. Mother and father at the heads. I am on mother's right side in the middle with Lily next to me. across from me is Mrs. Willow Samson, Mister Kingsley's daughter. Next to her is Christopher, with his father next to him. Mrs. Kingsley is to sit next to me.

"It is so lovely to meet you, your highness-es." Willow says.

"Please call me Kara. There is no need for formalities here, we are all friends." I tell her. "And call me Lily."

"So your father tells me, you recently married." My mother says picking up the conversation. I see father and Mister Kingsley having a private conversation at their end of the table.

"Yes, I am married to Mister Gregory Samson."

"Oh, the Samson family. Married into distant royalty I see. The Samson family is lead by my husband's cousin, Duke Fredrick and Mrs. Samson happens to be a close friend of mine." Mother informs her.

"It's greatly nice to meet the long lost princess," Mrs. Kingsley says shaking my hand.

"Please, Mrs. Kingsley call me, Kara. It is lovely to meet such a great family."

"Thank you, miss." Mrs. Kingsley says.

The rest of the dinner goes on like this. Just enjoying each other company until Mother moves the party into a more comfortable setting. Our informal family room. "You all must come to Kara's ball this Saturday." My mother happily says. The parents have seem to pick up a game of cards. While Lily and Willow trade off in their most recent fashion designs.

"Of course we will come. If only my boy, Christopher had a date." Mrs. Kingsley informs the crowd. I stand next to father watching them play. Christopher stood further away from the crowd but watching now the less.

"Come on, mom. I'll find a date."

"How about you escort my Kara?" My father asks him.

"I couldn't do-" Christopher is interrupted in the middle of his rejection with Mrs Kingsley. "He will definitely be able to escort the princess. Our family would be honored."

"Excellent. Then I'll have to request his presence tomorrow during the dance lessons and the practice of the entrance." My mother informs them.

"Do we get a say?" I ask pointing between me and Christopher.

"Not at all." My father laughingly replies. "Before too long we could be planning your wedding."

And that's where both my mother and Mrs. Kingsley got a sparkling look in their eyes. "No!" Both me and Christopher shout.