Chapter 10

Chapter 10

Kara's POV

"You are so crushing on Christopher." Lily squeals out pulling me into a hug. We both laugh and joke around until the world devastating noise came over my door, "Karolina, may I come in? Your father and I need to talk to you." My mother's voice rang into my bedroom. They must be already in my living room.

"Hide! Hide!" I say pushing Lily into my closet before my parents walk in. "Come in," I tell them shutting my closet's French doors.

"What were you doing in there?" Father questions.

"Just some spring cleaning."

"It's fall."

"It's an Earth thing," I reassure them sitting on my bed. My father takes the seat by my vanity while mother sits on the pulse bench at the end of my bed. "What is it that you wanted to walk about?"

"Sweetheart, you know how you have to marry before you can accept the crown. Well, your father and I have found your perfect match." My mother informs me. An this is the moment when my life officially starts to end. "Even though, you were probably hoping for Christopher to be the match. Your father and I choose Duke Nicholas Caraway. His family is close friends to my father's."

"Okay." I can tell by the look on my father's face, he is disappointed about this decision. My father doesn't trust it.

"Excellent, you will meet him at the Ball. Of course, Christopher will be your escort but make sure you have conversation and dance with Nicholas." My mother says trying to reassure me on this whole Nicholas thing. "Make sure you get some rest tonight." My mother bids me a good night leaving me and dad.

"You don't like this do you?"

"Not a bit. Then again I just got my little girl back and now your mother wants to marry you off and become Queen too fast." Father says moving to sit next to me on the bed.

"It will be okay, dad. I got this."

"I know you do; that's what I am worried about." My father sighs pulling me into a hug. "Good night, and don't stay up too long with Lily here."

"How did you?" I ask pointing at the closet.

"I'm not stupid." He replies leaving the room. Lily finally pops out of the closet to also bid me a good rest as she has had a busy day too.

"Nicholas or Christopher?" I ask myself pondering what the differences could possibly be between the two. "UGH!" I loudly sigh out.
---
"Hold your head up, your highness." My hair stylist kindly moves my sleepy head back up. I have been sitting here in this chair for hours and so far all I have done is my makeup. My stylist is curling my hair into medium sized ringlets that I feel brush the middle of my back through the thin silk fabric of my robe. Instead of turning my head in risk of getting burned, I look out the corner of my eye to the left.

"LILY!" I scream out at my sleeping best friend.

"I'm up! Im up!" She surprisingly says before her eyelids start to fall again.

"Your highness, you are done. Miss Lauren is waiting for you in your room parlor."

"Thank you," I tell her walking out my bathroom to the parlor. "Miss Lauren." I excitedly say seeing her and my pale pink dress on the mannequin. "Your highness, you look ravishing."

"Ravishing is such a vintage word." I laughingly reply to her.

"Meaning only Beauty in expensive ways." She says taking my dress of the mannequin. "Robe," I take my robe off exposed in my undergarments. "Please step in." I follow order to the point. Holding up the bust to my breast, Miss Lauren tightly ties the corset lace. "Spectacular if I have to say so myself," lily announces walking in. In her dress all ready to go, Lily ushers me outside to the private hallway where I will talk down the stairs.

"I'll see you on the dark side," Lily whispers leaving the room for the top of the staircase. "Introducing Duchess Lillian Mae Nickalson- Sage and her majesty Crown Princess Greta Rose Sage of Planet X." The royal announce says as everyone claps. I have no idea how I can possibly handle this.

Here goes nothing.