Chapter 3

Chapter 3

Kara POV

"No, absolutely not." I say looking at the slideshows of dresses for my coming out ball which is three days away.

"You do know, your press conference is tomorrow at nine." Lily informs me looking at her tablet.

Since the day I met Joseph and came to the castle, I truly feel I have been living a fairy tale. Alexandria has waved all my princess classes away after the day I handled Joseph saying I really don't need them. Thank god!

"Ugh, can you be the princess tomorrow?" I ask.

"Of course... Not." Lily had my hopes up for a minute and a half before I waved for the waiter boy to show the next slide. We have spent six hours looking at these dresses but none has caught my eyes plus we have to prepare my outfit for tomorrow.

"After the press conference, you have an outing with Aunt Alexandria to the local Hospital opening it's new wing."

"Wait go back." I tell the waiter, he flips the slide back one. "There that's the dress."

"Are you sure? It's a little poofy, don't you think? A little too simple?" Lily asks looking at the simple pale pink princess ball gown. From on the slide it looks like the corset(top part) is jeweled in pale pink jewels before hitting the waist and flowing out into a big ball gown. It's a breath taking dress.

"We have found the dress. Please, tell the royal fashion clerks to start making this dress." I tell the waiter before having Lily follow me to my walk in closet. The slideshows presentation was set up in my living area or living room. Which the French doors that were behind us, open up to my room, and to the right is my walk in closet.

When I first saw the Princess Diaries, I always dreamed of having her closet, which I do now but like four times bigger. It's huge. Alexandria filled it up with my old clothes and some for my new princess life. "How about this?" I hold the black peplum dress up to my body. Wanting Lily's attention for once, I'm getting jealous of my schedule on that damn tablet.

"Let me pick it out." Lily says. Obviously that dress was a no. I sit down on one of the couches waiting, watching my best friend run around the place looking for the perfect things.

"Your royal highnesses, it's almost midnight. The Queen is expecting you in the morning at breakfast at seven." My head maid, Hilda, informs us. I politely tell her we will be heading to bed soon, just finishing things for tomorrow. I then excuse her, or let her off work, for the night, wishing her a good night on her way home.

"This is your outfit." Lily tells me, throwing a multitude of fabrics on my bed. Rearranging the outfit, now clearly showing: a classic white silk capped sleeved shirt, a short nude color tulle skirt,a white floral blazer and then a pair of nude platform wedges. If Lily wasn't my Lady In Waiting, she would most likely be my royal fashion expert.

"Thank you, Lily!"

We move the outfit to the couch by the window, before crawling into our plush satin gold bed. Usually on nights before a big day, Lily will sleep with me therefore she knows I get up right at 4:30, when my hair and makeup team arrive.

"Good night." We tell each other before the night maids come into the room, checking the locks on the windows, closing the curtains and turning off all the lights.

----------------------------------------------

"Good morning, Your Highnesses. It's 4:30." My head makeup stylist, Tay, greets waking me up from my short slumber.

"Good morning, Tay." I greet him, before running to the bathroom to shower. Quickly showering and shaving, Monique, my hair dressed comes in with my clothes. I put on my undergarments before wrapping and tying the robe around me. The crew already has my vanity set up with the usuals. Tay goes first covering my face with foundation and powders. Then dusting my eyelids with a skin tone glitter powder, some simple barely there eyeliner, then applies my false lashes, followed by mascara. I could do my own makeup but Tay insists of doing it every other day when it is needed.

"Pout." Tay orders, I duck face while he puts on a few coats of clear cherry lipgloss. "There you go." Tay goes and wakes Lily up to start on her because he still has to do Alexandria in a little bit.

Monique starts brushing my wet wavy hair parting it in sections before coming up with an idea for today. She waterfall braids my hair. Not all but the sides back to give it a half up half down look when it truly wasn't. Then curls my hair and straightens my bangs back to the right side. "Okay, now go change."

I follow orders an change into my outfit while Lily gets her hair and makeup done. Straightening my skirt out, I walk out the bathroom. "Beautiful." Is what I get from everyone.

"You give the whole new meaning to casual princess." Monique laughs. It defiantly is something that is more of a casual dressing, oh well.

"Come on, Ladies. We are going to be late." My mom walks into my room fiddling with her bracelet. Alexandria is dressed in a white collared top, the collar jeweled, a high waisted knee length pale pink tulle skirt, super platform pale pink wedges. Her hair all curly and wild. Makeup looking flawless and natural like always.

"You look great, mom."

"Oh, Lily, Kara, you both are beautiful!" Alexandria cries out in joy. Lily has changed into a white shirt, high waisted tan pencil skirt and a pair of nude pointed toe stiletto heels. Her hair pulled up in a messy French twist, and her makeup a bare mineral.

"We better get going, your majesty." Alexandria's assistant calls for us from the hallway. I grab my phone and my usual tan fringe shoulder bag that literally holds my whole life. Lily grabs her tote bag filled with tablets, questions for the reporters, and other things necessary for today. It's a good thing I have her as an assistant, Lily Nickalson is literally the most organized person in the world.

----------------------------------------------

"I'm so nervous." I tell mom and Lily. Five seconds until I hold my first solo press conference for the entire world. The press conference will be held for an hour, long enough for my planet to get I know me.

"Just be your self. Besides Lily will be in the very back with your father and I." Alexandria reassures me, giving me a big hug and a kiss on the cheek. Her and Lily make their entrance heading to the back where Father is already patiently waiting.

"It's time, Princess. Mr. Hills will introduce you then your entrance." The royal coordinator explains to me.