27.

After two days Lisa was released from the hospital. She was happy to be out but was disappointed because she was advised by the doctor to take a rest and not dance for a while, which meant that she wouldn't able to attend her competition. Lisa wasn't super angry about it but she was a bit sad that her chance to win and go to London was now taken from her.

"What's on your mind Manoban?" Irene asked as she drove Lisa back to their shared dorm.

"I worked so hard on my dance and now I can't do it." Lisa sighed leaning her head against the car window.

"You can try for another one, or you can audition to an idol company, you're really good they'd accept you."

"Thanks unnie but I don't want to be an idol, it's too stressful, you'd be a good idol though." Lisa smiled at Irene.

"Maybe I will, then it will get my mom off my back."

The car was silent for a while until Irene pulled up in the parking lot of their dorm building.

"My mom wants me to come to dinner tonight, she invited Junmyeon and his parents over so I'm pretty sure I know what will happen."

Irene rested her head on the steering wheel and sighed deeply.

"Don't go."

Irene looked up and saw Lisa with a sad look on her face.

"I have to go Lis, my mom will kill me if I don't."

"Then take me with you."

Irene nodded and hopped out the car.

"Well, then let's get you dressed for the occasion."

-

"Joohyun come in and oh....... you brought a guest with you." 

Irene's mother's smile dropped off her when she saw her daughter come into the house, hand in hand with Lisa.

"Yes eomma, since you adored her so much last time I though it would be nice to bring her again."

Irene smiled and quickly walked past her mother and directed Lisa to the table where sat right next too her.

"Your father and Junmyeon and his parents should be here shortly, please be on your best behavior Joohyun." Irene's mother had a tight lipped smiled as she sat across from them next to Yeri.

"He's not my father." Irene muttered under her breath as she gripped Lisa's hand tighter.

"Are you okay unnie? Should we leave?" A worried look plastered on Lisa's face.

"No not yet, I'l be fine."

The room was silent until Junmyeon and his parents along with Irene's step father arrived and sat down at the table.

The six of them began to eat, Irene not bothering to talk to anyone but Lisa until Junmyeon's mother tried to strike up a conversation with her.

"So Joohyun, what do you plan on doing after you graduate." 

Irene thought for a bit before answering.

"I'm going to go abroad, either to America or Europe." She answered confidently smiling at Junmyeon's mother who looked shocked, this wasn't the answer she was hoping for.

"Oh really? You wouldn't want to settle down first?" Junmyeon's mother questioned.

"Well that's if Lalisa wants to marry me, would you marry me Lis?" Irene turned to Lisa who choked on her food because of the question.

"Uh sure unnie just not right now." Lisa laughed nervously and looked down at her plate to hide her embarrassed face.

Everyone at the table except Yeri looked furious.

"Joohyun this isn't the time to make jokes." Irene's step father looked at her sternly but only received an eye roll back.

"Ah Joohyun-ssi is just joking." Junmyeon laughed hoping to lighten up the situation.

The adults in the room laughed and continued on with their own conversations.

Irene shook her head and looked over at Lisa who didn't seem right.

"Lis? Are you okay?"

"I'm tired unnie."

A wave of guilt hit Irene once she realized that she should have left Lisa at the dorm since she's supposed to be on bed rest.

"Come on let's go." Irene stood up to help Lisa, she ushered the younger to sit down on the couch while she went back into the dinning room to say that they were leaving.

Irene did a 90 degrees bow before apologizing.

"I'm sorry my girlfriend feels quite ill so we will both be leaving, thank you for the dinner." Irene turned and left the room failing to witness the look on Junmyeon and his parent's faces along with the disappointed look on her step dad's face.

-

Lisa and Irene arrived back to their dorm just before curfew.

"Now it's safe to say that your mother hates me." Lisa sighed as she laid down on the couch, resting her tired body.

"Oh she'll get over it, she's just mad that I don't wanna date Junmyeon but she's knows I like women so I don't know why she still tries." Irene went to kitchen and got Lisa a bottle of water and laid down next to her on the couch.

"Did you mean what you said about wanting to marry me."

"Of course I did Manoban, you're the only person I could ever marry in this world."

"Okay how many girls have you said that too."

"Come on I'm being serious I would marry you."

"You better be serious." Lisa pouted and rested her head on Irene's chest as she slowly drifted off to sleep.

Irene smiled and stroked Lisa's hair. The sweet moment was interrupted when her phone chimed indicating that she had gotten a text message. She looked down at her phone to see a long and angry message from her mother, so Irene smiled deleted it and blocked her mother. It may seem harsh but Irene didn't need or want her mother controlling her life anymore. As soon as she graduated she'd take Lisa and the two would go as far from here as possible.