Mao Mao Feeling Blue

The rehabilitation wasn't as bad as Mao Mao had initially thought it would be, it helped that it was day one. Camille simply had him do your typical arm exercises, she informed him that they would transition to more advanced techniques later down the line.

Currently, he was sitting in his therapist's waiting room. The room wasn't very large, the furniture consisted of six chairs, and two side stands that had stacks of magazines resting on top of them. Not too far off from his side was the front door to the mental health clinic that Blue worked out of. In front of him was the door to the office where he and Blue would have their counseling sessions.

Mao Mao was reading the blunt-force section of the latest weapons catalog, the pages were adorned with images of nightsticks, war hammers, and other various weapons that were paired with the descriptions and prices. While Mao Mao was enraptured by an interesting pair of nunchucks, the door to Blue's office slammed open.

Looking up from the catalog in surprise, Mao Mao saw Pinky storm his way towards the the front door. The tiny rhinoceros wore a look of supreme irritation.

"I'm insecure? You're insecure," the Sweetypie mumbled under his breath. The tiny rhino then proceeded to the front door, swinging it open with vigor. He then ran outside, where he was sure to cause some chaos.

Mao Mao didn't concern himself with whatever that was, if anything happened, the Sheriffs Dept. would take care of it. It was only Pinky after all.

"Next," projected a melancholic voice from Blue's office. The therapist's voice, or more specifically his tone, was an iconic trait that made him stand out. It was something that could force you to fall asleep, if you weren't careful to stay alert.

Putting down the catalog, Mao Mao pushed himself up and made his way to Blue's office. This room, in contrast to the waiting room, was lacking in decor; the only thing in the room was a lounge chair that was placed next to the room's only window, and a chair that was rather fancy, which Blue was currently sitting in.

Blue didn't look up from his clipboard when the Sheriff entered the room. Mao Mao, not waiting for permission, sat down in the lounge chair. Mao Mao gazed outside the window, where he saw the people of Pure Heart going about their daily lives.

"Hello again Sheriff Mao Mao," greeted the Sweetypie, snapping Mao Mao's attention away from the window. "What will we talk about today? You're insecurities about your father, what people may or may not think about you, any guilt you may have picked up recently?"

When these sessions initially started, it was a weekly thing. But after Shin Mao's visit to Pure Heart Valley, most of Mao Mao's insecurities regarding his family were taken care of. So Mao Mao then requested that these weekly sessions into a bimonthly sessions.

"Well, nothing about my father," Mao Mao started, anxious about what he felt he needed to talk about. "If it's all the same to you, I kind of want to talk about my sisters."

This was the first time Mao Mao ever caught Blue off guard, Mao Mao had talked about his family before, but in terms of his familial issues, they mostly stemmed from his father's neglect during his childhood. His sisters seemed to be a subject he tried to avoid if he could help it.

"Well I think that's good you want to talk about them," said Blue, pleased that Mao Mao wanted to make progress in this field. "We should probably start as to what you think of your sisters."

Mao Mao laid back, getting comfy as if there was a lot he wanted to discuss. "Well where do I start? They're each amazing, and in more ways than one."

Blue wrote down the key facts onto his clipboard, while also committing as much as he could to memory. In this line of work, even the tiniest detail was a key factor in finding the root cause of a person's internal issues.