Ladies Night

Mao Mao and Badgerclops had been playing Doorbell Danglers for several hours when Minori and Violet returned from patrol. The two friends had been in the middle of their umpteenth round of play when the legendary heroes walked in.

Mao Mao was mashing the button as hard and fast as he could, but despite his efforts, he's never been able to beat Badgerclops. The man in the game popped his head out of the door, on Badgerclops' half of the screen.

"Gah, this isn't fair." Mao Mao threw his hands up. "Your robot arm puts you at an advantage!"

"Your just jealous," Badgerclops stated, confidence brimming from his smug expression.

"Badgerclops, do you remember when I had your arm for a day?" Mao Mao asked rhetorically. "Trust me, I'm not jealous."

"Psh," Badgerclops waved away the comment. "Wanna go another round?"

"Always!" Mao Mao replied, getting back into gaming position.

The duo began to mash away at the buttons once more. Suddenly, the front door was thrown open, slamming against the mechanism the prevented it from sliding further than it needed to. Turning their heads, Mao Mao and Badgerclops were found at a loss.

Minori and Violet both donned looks of annoyance. Their clothes were covered in onyx black soot. Letting out a single cough, a puff of smoke escaped Minori's mouth.

"What happened to you guys?" Badgerclops asked.

"Today's monster was a fire breather." Violet informed them, pulling off her hat and rubbing the soot off, revealing its brilliant golden gleam once more.

"Wow, you guys okay?" Badgerclops placed his controller on the coffee table.

"Nothing we couldn't handle," Minori responded, pumping out her chest.

Violet produced a new change of clothes for each of the Mao sisters from her hat. "Do you have a place for us to change?"

Badgerclops pointed to his and Mao Mao's bedroom. "There's a bathroom in there." The two made their way to the bathroom. Once the door was shut behind them, Badgerclops turned to Mao Mao and asked him, "so... why do your sisters not like each other?"

Taken aback, Mao Mao glanced over at Badgerclops. "I'm gonna regret asking this," Mao Mao muttered to himself, "why do you want to know?"

"Cause, it seems like your sisters are moments away from killing each other, and I wanna know if I need to reinforce the house," replied Badgerclops.

Mao Mao raised an eyebrow, coaxing the truth from his best friend.

"Yeah, okay, fine, you got me. I just wanna gossip."

"Well, you're wasting your time. I don't know."

"Come on~, tell me," begged Badgerclops.

"Tell you what?" Minori asked as she stepped out from Mao Mao and Badgerclops' bedroom.

"Uhh," Mao Mao had less than a second to come up with something. He started to speak slowly, "what cheat codes I used to beat him just now."

"Yeah," affirmed Badgerclops, leaning against Mao Mao. "Tell me which ones you used, buddy."

"And I'm telling you, I didn't use any!"

Before the duo's charade could go any further, the front door opened once more. This time, it was Tanya and Adorabat who walked through the front entrance.

Looking between the three Mao's and the cybernetic badger, Tanya could guess that that they had just walked into the middle of something. "Are we... interrupting something?"