Dealing with Bullies: Keyes Style

Mao Mao and Badgerclops were sat down on the couch, watching Surfer Trio, binging the entire first season. Normally they would've been out patrolling, or doing something else Sheriff-y, as Tanya had put it.

However, since they had a surplus of heads under the Sheriff's HQ's roof, Badgerclops brought forth the notion of working in shifts. The idea was, that at any given time, at least two people would be on the clock. It was a good plan in theory, Mao Mao, Badgerclops, and Adorabat fought monsters several times a day, and often suffered from restless days and nights of fighting innumerable amounts of monsters, without ever even seeing their beds.

Unfortunately, not everyone was willing to cooperate. Tanya said she'd go along with it, but only if she got paid in turn. Which then caused Minori to question if she was getting paid or not, since she was technically still acting Sheriff.

Mao Mao had assured his sister that she would be compensated for her time and services, quickly followed by Violet making a remark about Minori being greedy for a few coins. Fortunately, they were able to move things along before a fight could erupt between the two Mao siblings.

So as things were currently, Minori and Violet were out on patrol. And Tanya was out picking Adorabat up from school. Though, in all honesty, it was eerily quiet without everyone else in the house.

"So, uh," started Mao Mao awkwardly. "What does the king have you doing exactly?"

"Nothing much at the moment, he and Quinten have been bouncing their ideas off of me and asking for my feedback. Although the possibility of my DJ-ing the event was brought up."

"You? DJ?" Mao Mao asked skeptically.

"Yeah, you don't think I've got good taste in music?" Badgerclops asked quizzically.

"I don't even know your favorite genre of music," stated Mao Mao, leaning on the armrest.

"I listen to a bit of everything really." Badgerclops said as a matter-of-factly.

Mao Mao rolled his eyes, turning his attention back to the tv. If Badgerclops was going to DJ, then maybe the music would be in good taste at least. After a few moments, Mao Mao whipped his head back towards Badgerclops.

"Wait a minute, are you going to DJ just so you won't have to wear a suit?" Mao Mao asked, narrowing his eyes as he watched Badgerclops' face.

"Wha~t?" Badgerclops feigned a offended expression, placing his hand over his chest. "How could you say that? I'm hurt! You wound me!"

Well that's a yes, thought Mao Mao. There's only a week before the party, he should look into getting something to where. He had that white suit from the pet show with the king, as well as his formal hero clothes that he wore when he ordained Benny and Penny's wedding. Maybe he should wear something new.

•••

Tanya waltzed through the kingdom at a steady pace. Absorbing everything the village had to offer. The small, yet adorable Sweetypies as they lived their day-to-day lives, the soft looking clouds as the hovered over head, the unique aroma of food from the diners and stalls.

It was just like any other town, they each had their own unique sights and experiences. Although, when she initially heard about the legend of Pure Heart Valley, it spoke of countless riches and untold fame for whoever could find it. But, as the years went by, people forgot about Pure Heart Valley, dwindling down to the few who knew of it today. In all honesty, Pure Heart didn't live up to its legend; although the giant oversized Ruby at the top of the spire was enticing.

"Tanya?"

The voice caught on Tanya's ears, turning to see Mao Mao's sisters walking up to her.

"Oh, hello," replied Tanya. Giving the two Mao's a look over, it appeared things were as they always were: Violet playing the aloof older sibling, and Minori wearing a look that said she wanted to punch her sister. "Has patrol been eventful?"