Chapter IV

Daniel to the side--->

Chapter IV

Tara

"Okay Tara you can do this." I think out loud to myself.

I click on the number attached to Corie's text message. The option whether to call or cancel came up and I took a deep breath before pushing call.

The continuous rings sounded through the phone. I was almost to the point of hanging up but finally a voice answered gruffly and unhappily.

"Hello?"

I was stunned to silence at the sadness and hurt in his voice. Why did I leave? Why didn't I just stay and not chicken out?

"Hello? If this is a prank I am not in the mood." he says angrily.

"Um A-Aiden h-hi its me Tara, the girl from las-"

"I know who you are." he says annoyed.

"Oh." I whisper, not knowing what to say.

"I-"

"You left." he said interrupting me.

"Yeah I'm, I'm sorry I didn't-"

Again he interrupted me.

"Didn't wake me. Didn't leave a note. Didn't at least stay."

"I-I'm sorry I didn't."

"What didn't think last night meant something to me? Because it sure as hell did. I'm not sure if you know but last night was my first time and from what I could tel it was yours too."

He had knocked me speechless, because he was saying everything I knew he would say. It wasn't fair for me to just up and leave. Last night was something special for the both of us, and I had ruined it.

"I'm sorry I thought."

"What did you think last night was just a one night stand or something? Did you think you were just another whore I had last night?" He asked angrily.

"I didn't know okay! I called to say I was sorry for leaving. I didn't call to be yelled at again."

"Again? Who yelled at you?"

"Corie and Daniel, they gave me your number."

"Oh okay." he said suddenly becoming quiet.

"I'm really sorry Aiden. I didn't mean to okay. I was scared. Last night was amazing and I couldn't have asked for anything better but it also scared me. Im in college and having a relationship like that would just distract me."

"I didn't intend for it to go any further." he said suddenly cold.

"I could care less if last night was good for you. Don't call me again. Last night was just a one night fling so don't think about it turning into anything else. If that's all, goodbye."

Before I could say a word the line disconnected and my heart shattered. What just happened? Did he really just severe he line between us? I thought last night was something special and that we had something together.

'Guess not.' My low self esteem took another blow for the rejection.

What had I gotten myself into?

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Aiden

"Why did you do that?" Brody asked.

"She is safer here. With Rouge attacks back in Ireland and the threat of vampires here, she is safer with them not knowing she exists." I say downing a glass of whiskey.

The ripping of my hearts strings were playing a toll on my mind and body. It hurt physically to move considering the fact I had pretty much rejected my mate.

"Well I mean won't they smell you on her?"

"Yes but until it fades they might just think she was a whore or something."

"But our Luna isn't a whore!" Brody growls.

I smile at the fact he was so protective of her,"Im aware Brody, but they don't know that."

"What if she winds up pregnant." Nate asks, pouring my another glass of whiskey.

I became rigid at that. I hadn't thought about the fact she could get pregnant. We hadn't used protection so it was highly likely that she would.

"I don't know. She most likely won't." I say doing my best to try and run off my worries.

After all I was leaving tomorrow to go back to Ireland and I didn't need the weight of a possible pregnant mate on my shoulders. I just hoped that she would forgive me once all of the war was over with and that she would try an start a life with me.

My wolf howled with happiness and pride at the thought of our mate, our Luna, carrying our pups and being pleasured in our bed at night. Gosh I couldn't wait, in fact it made me want to go home early so I could get this done with quicker.

/////////////////////////////////////

So her is the four chapter. I hope it wasn't to short or anything. Also I noticed that this story wasn't getting many reads so should I delete it or something? Idk

-Sara