Chapter XV

Chapter XV

Tara

Asher

Asher

Asher....

     That was the only thing running through her head today. Asher this, Asher that. He showed up at 9:30 this morning with donuts, milk, and tools.

"So I know that donuts aren't the healthiest pregnancy food, so just so the Dr. doesn't chew me out, I brought some fruit!" Asher said with a smile, swooping in to kiss my lips.

It was now 12:40 and he had put together the crib and painted the nursery.

"So how about next week we can go and pick out some more furniture, and some bedding? Oh and clothes, our kid isn't just gonna run around nude." Asher exclaims after we sat on the couch to rest.

I turned my head to study his face curiously as he blushed at his outburst.

"Sorry, I- I mean I meant to say your kid- um yeah, my bad."

"I love you." I whisper as he stutters.

"Tara I love you too. So, so much." He says smiling at me.

My lips are molded with his in an instant, and as I pulled back breathlessly I knew I was ready.

"Asher, I'm ready."

I wanted to laugh as his eyes widened, but instead I woman (ed) up and threw my leg over his lap and straddled him.

"Shit, Tara maybe we should talk."

He easily picks me up off of his lap and then sets me back to my original side.

"Ash what's wrong? Oh gosh! It's this baby bump isn't it?"

" What? Tara, no I love this baby bump, it's definitely not the baby, and it's not you, just please listen."

I nodded and wiped away those few tears that had trickled down my cheeks.

"Tara, I'm so sorry that I haven't told you this yet but.. Please don't think of me differently."

"What? What is it?"

"I have Cancer."

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

A/N

Hey everyone I'm really sorry that I have yet to update any of my stories.. Reading over them again I realize these move to fast and that I'm really not that great of a writer.. Even though I started writing these almost two years ago.. So I'm probably deleting and maybe going to try them again? Sorry