Chapter XX

Chapter XX

"Seriously?"

"Yeah, I um-"

At the moment Corie was telling Daniel about the baby, and I was in the other room listening in, spying on them through the crack in the door. Such an amazing friend right?

"Really?" Daniel was whispering it as he stared at her stomach," So I'm gonna be a dad?"

"Yeah." Corie said softly, I could instantly tell she was getting a bit scared.

Daniel smiled really big and grabbed her around the waist, pulling her into a bone crushing hug.

"Yes! That's amazing! Holy shit! Baby girl this is amazing! We're gonna be parents!" He ran his hands through his hair repeatedly before dropping to his knees in front of her stomach.

As he grabbed her hips, I decided that was my queue  to leave them be. I certainly didn't wanna see a repeat of last time.

Sighing I waddled my way over to the chair by the window and sat down. My ankles were so sore, as well as my back. My little boy had his feet stretched up and pressing into my rib, and honestly it hurt like hell. With my hand, I tried pressing down around there, attempting to get him to move it, but it only made it worse.

It was really starting to hurt, like a bad hurt. A pained moan escaped my lips as he began kicking it instead.

"Stop that! That hurts you little rascal." I say trying to suppress a gasp as he delivered a sharp kick.

Gosh he sure had some strength. All he did was move around and kick, hard. He had only ever kicked soft once and that was really early on, but they were never this hard.

I finally got him to stop, which gave me more room to breath as he moved slightly to the right. He was gonna be due anytime now, so he was in the perfect position.

Really? I needed to stop calling him 'he' and instead name him. God how do you even begin to name a kid?

I continued to rub my stomach in soft circles and I looked out the window. Lots of cars were passing by on the road but not a lot of sound could be heard. It wasn't long before a big black Escalade pulled into the parking lot. It wasn't one is seen before, so it must have been someone visiting. I didn't pay much attention to it, but then the passenger door opened, and a man stepped out. A very familiar man.

Why was he here?

And just then the baby delivered the hardest blow yet, straight into my bottom rib making me scream out. I felt a crack, or more like heard it, as pain rushed throughout my mid section. I could barely process the fact that Corie had run into the room, or that there was someone yelling at the door. All I cared about was the getting rid of the pain and making sure my baby was okay.

::::::::::::::::

" Miss Montgomery. Miss Montgomery, it's time for you to wake up now."

My eyes fluttered open, but quickly closed shut as the bright lights above blinded me. That wasn't something nice to wake up to.

"Miss Montgomery, you're in Stanford Hospital. You were admitted when your friends brought you in because of a broken rib, caused by your baby. Everything's alright, Dr. Henderson was able to go in and repair the rib without hurting the baby. You might feel a little groggy because of the mess." Said the ginger haired nurse, in pink scrubs.

"Oh. Um thanks, that's a lot to take in." I said rubbing my forehead a bit.

"Are you hurting anywhere?"

"No. Just a little headache, and sore throat. Is the he okay? My baby I mean?"

"Oh yes, he's alright. The doctors will be making there afternoon rounds soon. So he can tell you more." She said handing me a glass of ice water," Your friends are in the waiting room, but I wanted to make sure you were feeling alright before I let in any visitors."

"Thanks. I'm ready whenever. Can't keep them waiting long." I say with a chuckle, knowing Corie is probably pacing back and forth in worry.

The nurse nodded with a smile before leaving out, and in under a minute Corie was pushing through the door.

"God damn it Tara! You keep scaring me and shit! Stop it!"

She stood at the end of my bed, hands on her hips, and the meanest look she could muster up. Daniel walked in then," Yeah she about wore a path into the floor she was pacing so much. Anyways, how's it going? That little sucker has got one powerful kick."

"Yeah I'm raising a soccer player didn't you know." I said sarcastically as I fiddled with the blanket.

Corie giggled before they both went silent.

"What's wrong?" I ask become a bit worried.

"Well Tara, you have a bit of a problem."

What?

Then a knock came from the door and they both walked in. The two people I really didn't want to see right now. Maybe I should go back to sleep until the baby is born?

"Tara-"

Aiden growled as Asher began to speak to me,"Don't say shit to here you filthy leech."

Leech?

Well damn I didn't know they did that kind of trash talk in Ireland.

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Sorry it's so short but I just wanted to do a quick update... Anyway I hope you enjoyed it! Please comment what you think.

-Sara