20: DECAY

Author's Note:

Yes, this is back!

And with another update!

Canon spoilers through GA-S2-E3

bobbiejelly

CHAPTER CONTENT WARNING:

SKIP TO THE TITLE CARD AT YOUR OWN RISK IF YOU DO NOT WANT SPOILERS.

MAJOR SPOILERS AHEAD SO CHOOSE WHAT YOU NEED.

Graphic depictions of violence.

bobbiejelly

Love The Way You Lie

Derek Shepherd, your husband, hits you- but you stayed until you couldn't stand up anymore. Your best friend Mark Sloan helped you leave him and you two had some adulterous sex. When you see Derek again in Seattle with another woman, all you want is to save her from him. You didn't mean to fall in love with her. She wasn't supposed to fall in love with you, either. But you both did, anyway.

-Addison Forbes Montgomery, for Meredith Grey

MerAdd. Meddison. F/F. Meredith Grey/Addison Montgomery. Rated E for Explicit. Grey's Anatomy & Private Practice Crossover.

CW: Domestic Violence. Unhealthy Relationships - Physically & Emotionally Abusive Addek & MerDer. Also briefly okay (non-abusive), Maddison & Mark/Derek.

*This story is entirely fictional. Please seek professional help for abusive relationships in yourself and others. Take all abuse seriously.*

Chapter 20: DECAY

The knock on the door turns into a pounding.

Instantly.

'This can't be good' you think to yourself, and you know you are right.

Pound, pound, pound.

"Coming!" Meredith says in a chipper voice as she moves past you to open the door.

"I KNOW YOU'RE BOTH IN THERE YOU WHORES. GET THE FUCK OUT, AND STOP SLUTTING AROUND IN THERE," his voice rings out loud and clear even though he's barely speaking about a low whisper.

It's Derek Shepherd. But you knew that already. You have a sixth sense to know when he's there.

Meredith opens the door, you sigh warily when you see him.

Meredith's eyes go wide, but yours don't, because you're used to his shout-screaming.

You realize at this point that he's not hiding his tone from her.

She knows.

The realization gives you cold bones as you see your illusion he's been any different towards her decay in front of your very eyes.

You try to open your mouth to say something to her.

To warn her even though it's redundant now.

But you don't get there before he slams the door behind himself and locks himself in with the three of you.

Two women, one man, the scan of the patient long forgotten by now.

All of these things (people plus objects- people being treated like objects- what's the fucking difference), all laid out in a row.

When he lunges to hurt her, you react before you even know what you're doing.

His hand reaches out as if in slow motion, raising high in the air about to smack down onto her skinny body but you don't let him.

You don't let her get hit like you are.

You shove her out of the way just hard enough so he misses her and his first punch lands right into your shoulder.

He caught on to your antics though.

When you open your eyes and you see his smug expression, you realize he was baiting you with her thee entire time.

He set you up.

The bastard.

He set you both up.

The asshole.

He hurts you both and he hates you both and apparently he beats you both up the same.

Or would he?

You don't find out because he keeps aiming at you and the punches and kicks come into your collarbone, and your breasts, and your thighs.

All the places he normally caresses he's bruising now and you don't know when he will get to your groin.

All of it is still expertly hidden by clothes you know.

He is not stupid, and his surgical precision leaves perfect purple welts all under your scrubs.

You don't scream, but Meredith starts to, and Derek lunges to shut her up as well.

"No, Derek," you plead with him. "Don't," you plead with him to spare her.

"Yes, I think I will," Derek says with a smirk and you realize he enjoys the way that you're scared for her.

You hasvn't been scared to save your own skin in so long, but you care about her, and he knows it and he takes advantage of that.

Fuck.

"Run!" You plead with Meredith, but she's frozen in place with her eyes wide and he's just barely missing Derek's lunging motions.

"Get out!" You almost yell, but Derek covers your mouth after that.

"Help," is the last thing you remember whispering before you blackout.

The back of your head hits the tile of the floor, and you see him move towards her as he lets your body go to focus on hers.

"Addison," you hear your first name being spoken before your eyes close and you can't move, can't scream, and can't tell him to stop anymore.

You can't block him now.

You can't help her run away now.

You know he hates her to love her the same way he hates to love you. You just hope for her sake he loves her enough that she'll survive what he has in store for her tonight.

But you don't know the answer because you're dead to the world before long.

***** END OF CHAPTER TWENTY

Author's Note:

Well, here's an update because I really do love this story.

It's harsh, I know.

Take care everyone :).

bobbiejelly