xxi; when in a basement

"STILES, WAKE UP." Juliette shook him awake. He was in an empty isolation room, laying on the ground asleep. It has been eight hours since they last saw each other, and though Juliette wasn't sure how long he's been out for, it couldn't have been more than seven hours. She started shaking him until finally, he flinched. His eyes fluttered open, and he glanced around the room utterly confused. "Thank god." She mumbled under her breath.

     Stiles got off the floor, lost. "How long have I been out?"

     "Six hours, maybe?" Juliette bit her lip. "Turn around." He did so, and she lowered the hem of his shirt to reveal the marks on him. Once the marks on him disappear, the Nogitsune has control over his body once again. "Okay, we still have time, the marks haven't changed that much since last time."

      He started walking out the door, pointing at the broken locks. "Did you do that?"

    "Yeah, I got some use out of Allison's lessons. Now let's go before they find us." She whispered. The two started walking through the hallways, careful not to get caught by the passing staff. "I got the keys from Morrell, the ones to the basement. It's our last full day here, so we can't waste any more time. Speaking of wasting time– what did you do for them to give you a sedative?"

     Stiles scratched the back of his head, hesitant to tell her. "I may or may not have tried to unlock the basement door."

     Leaving the isolation rooms area, they were finally safe in the office halls. Juliette lead him to an empty corner, where there was one locked wooden door. "Ready?" Juliette asked, taking the basement key out of her pocket. When she unlocked the door, and the two got inside the basement, she locked it up again in case anyone notices it's open.

     "This is it." Stiles confirmed, looking up at the ceiling, specifically the light that escaped from the small circles. "When I was in the woods, I was hallucinating being here, with him."

    On the wall, was a symbol they both knew too well. The number 5, which stood for self. "Maybe you didn't imagine all of it." Juliette shrugged. "We came here first when you described the place. I stole something from here." She started to explain. "A file of a patient— my mom. But it was only three pages, I think the rest of them are here."

     "What did it say?"

     "That she was here three times. Once as a kid, because she told her parents that she saw people with glowing eyes. Then, when she was my age, because she was previously kidnapped by the Japanese mafia— I checked the dates with Allison, it was the same time one of their men was possessed by the Nogitsune. And finally, when she was eighteen, because she admitted herself in. I'm not sure why, but I have a feeling we're about to find out."

     Stiles started moving the cardboard boxes near the couch, and gestured to all the boxes with files inside. "Dig in."

      They spent the next thirty minutes going through all the boxes trying to find answers. There was an alarming amount of mythology books in the boxes as well, ones with creatures she has never even heard of before. The rest was a book on the torturous ways that Eichen used to used before they were made illegal; electric shock, ice baths, and such. "Trepanation?" Juliette questioned as she let go of the report, picking up another file.

    "That's what Oliver was talking about. Trepanation is when they drill into your head." Stiles recalled. He picked up a stack of folders, and started reciting the names of the patients. "Jude Ferrars, Alexandra Ainsley, Viola Lewis–"

    Juliette's face lit up. "That's her! That's my mom's maiden name– Viola Lewis." He handed her the file, and the two started flipping through it. "This is it, this is the full report."